Dave S

If Republicans take the House in 2 years....

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Steve_in_PA said:

I'm not avoiding the question.  I don't care about Trump's tax returns.

The government already has them.  I assume Mueller as well.

If Trump had illegal activity it would be stupid to put them in his tax returns and mail it to the government.

The fact they aren't public doesn't stop the government.

They're are to get him on state charges of devaluing properties on tax returns to get tax breaks, and overvaluing properties on loan applications.

I would encourage anyone who thinks the Left has any intention of letting the Trump family go to take note of what Congress did today around 4:30.

1 min ago, Livefreeordie said:

Durham's being audited?

You asked what the Durham report might say.

I gave you a sarcastic response joking that Biden might threaten him with an IRS audit.

4 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

It would be lovely to see unicorns, too!

Later on this evening, when you feel like accusing me of following you around, please try to bear in mind who quoted who first today.

Just now, JoeyZac said:

They're are to get him on state charges of devaluing properties on tax returns to get tax breaks, and overvaluing properties on loan applications.

I would encourage anyone who thinks the Left has any intention of letting the Trump family go to take note of what Congress did today around 4:30.

Large tax returns are always subject to interpretation and almost any audit could come to different conclusions on evaluation.  Especially on real estate and depreciation.  Trump doesn't sit down and do his returns.  He has an army of tax experts and lawyers that file.

I'm sure the d's will crucify the Trump's for years.  It's a message for anyone else who wants to run from the outside.  And a message to conservatives in general that they will use the power of the government to persecute those that try.

Just now, Steve_in_PA said:

You asked what the Durham report might say.

I gave you a sarcastic response joking that Biden might threaten him with an IRS audit.

uh huh.....I don't think Special Counsel Durham is going to bring back the report you hope for. You know his predecessors ruled the investigation into trump's involvement with Russia to influence the 2016 election was started justly/in accordance with the law....don't you? They did find that one guy changed an e-mail, and got fired for it. But, then again, the DOJ got caught altering evidence trying to un-convict Flynn...yeah those guys slipped out of town, didn't they? trump had to pardon the guy who allocuted his own guilt 2x to make that go away

Most criminally compromised administration in USA history, objectively

Can we all be honest enough to admit that many large real estate moguls play all kinds of games with real estate laws?

Trump has refused to pay workers, bankrupted companies, and evidently filed UUUUUUUUUUUge losses on real estate to avoid paying taxes.

Whether or not they succeed in getting him is one thing, but they are going to torment him, his family, and anyone connected to him for years, if not decades.

2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Later on this evening, when you feel like accusing me of following you around, please try to bear in mind who quoted who first today.

I'd prefer NOT to hang out with you later on this evening. Sorry if I hurt your feelings

2 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

uh huh.....I don't think Special Counsel Durham is going to bring back the report you hope for. You know his predecessors ruled the investigation into trump's involvement with Russia to influence the 2016 election was started justly/in accordance with the law....don't you? They did find that one guy changed an e-mail, and got fired for it. But, then again, the DOJ got caught altering evidence trying to un-convict Flynn...yeah those guys slipped out of town, didn't they? trump had to pardon the guy who allocuted his own guilt 2x to make that go away

Most criminally compromised administration in USA history, objectively

I don't expect Durham to even have a report.  He is now powerless.

You haven't studied history.

And you have a hard time naming any criminal activity the Trump administration has done.

He has honored every court order that went against him.

He has accepted final vote in Congress accepting the EC results.

He has won other court challenges that he brought to support his actions.

Where is this long list of crimes?

I missed the convictions.

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, Steve_in_PA said:

I don't expect Durham to even have a report.  He is now powerless.

You haven't studied history.

And you have a hard time naming any criminal activity the Trump administration has done.

He has honored every court order that went against him.

He has accepted final vote in Congress accepting the EC results.

He has won other court challenges that he brought to support his actions.

Where is this long list of crimes?

I missed the convictions.

You claim to understand history yet make an absurd statement like Durham is now powerless? You likely also don't remember that political hack (who was smart enough to skip town) issued a statement/opinion that a sitting President can't be indicted of a crime and that McConnell protected trump as long as he could. If trump doesn't flee to Turkey or Russia, he'll be wearing an orange jumpsuit that matches his spray tan soon enough.

Edited by Livefreeordie
spelling error

3 hours ago, Dave S said:

Will precedent allow for the impeachment of a sitting vice president? Members of the house all for encouraging violence this past summer?

Precedent my allow it,but most of the Reps are guys with only one descended ball,if that.

9 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

You claim to understand history yet make an absurd statement like Durham is now powerless? You likely also don't remember that political hack (who was smart enough to skip town) issued a statement/opinion that a sitting President can't be indicted of a crime and that McConnell protected trump as long as he could. If trump doesn't flee to Turkey or Russia, he'll be wearing an orange jumpsuit that matches his spray tan soon enough.

Do you think a Biden administration will give Durham a budget?

Do you think a Biden administration will turn over information to Durham?

Do you think a Biden administration will give Durham much of a staff?

Do you think anyone else will provide information to Durham and risk retaliation from Biden's team?

Do you think Biden's administration will enforce subpoenas that Durham puts forth?

It's well established that a sitting president can't be convicted of a crime while he is in office.

The reason is to minimize politically motivated charges.

You haven't explained what crimes Trump's administration committed.

3 hours ago, Dave S said:

Will precedent allow for the impeachment of a sitting vice president? Members of the house all for encouraging violence this past summer?

Per the Constitution, impeachment is based on crimes committed in office.

But it's about to turn into a political attack tool and I predict used often.

1 min ago, Steve_in_PA said:

It's well established that a sitting president can't be convicted of a crime while he is in office.

Yeah? Show me that law? Has it ever been tested at SCOTUS or are you just spouting even more trumpian BS? 

I don't think you know what well-established means

5 hours ago, Livefreeordie said:

Not going to happen .

Just like Hillary was never going to jail.

with how well the Dems cheat, and how bad the Republican lawyers are, you wont see a Republican court reporter, let alone a Rep house or senate anytime soon.. the republicans need to learn how to cheat and not get caught like the Dems, supposedly... Or.... they can stop backing complete and utter nutjobs and actually get their chit together..