The Vaccine

Rate this topic

capequahog

1 min ago, ged said:

My younger kids have been part time. No option for full time in my town.

Many places are already full time. oldest lives in TN. No one wears masks there

Talking full time.  Part time seems to be the new normal. No knowledge of TN. Urban and suburban in the northeast and New England risk a teacher shortage. No idea what a workable solution.  

2 hours ago, rst3 said:

Unfortunately, there are plenty in Mass who resisted wearing a mask during the coronavirus pandemic -- despite this being the most deadly viral outbreak of an airborne respiratory virus in America for the past century.

I mean, people aren't all that bright. According to poll I saw from last spring...a large number of Americans believed Bill Gates was microchipping vaccines (then in development). Seriously. 

5f198040f0f4190bcc78b8b7.jpeg.71f3ddce05f51e16cb38d166f8417fc7.jpeg

gates_montage_new.jpg.31c31ded27e8b5c1aca9e29a8543ecea.jpg

mqdefault.jpg.6f79ab3b1e781ffbe783b0fcbe1d69e6.jpg

Stupidity is a common human trait though .... it's not unique to America. In India, people wanted to treat those sick w COVID using cow urine and manure. 

"The Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog, part of India's Ministry of Agriculture, confirmed there will be trials for a Covid treatment combining cow urine, dung, butter, ghee and milk - but not a vaccine."

_112555476_cow_dung1.jpg.031dd4d9e2d8f3f541b3fa991de5ce1d.jpg

You must have seen the covid conspiracy thread in the tavern right?  If not.. sit down and buckle up- you have 666 pages of nonsense to breeze through.

7 hours ago, jmei said:

it’s very much premature to suggest on a public forum that you should be able to take off your mask after you’ve been vaccinated. 

Show me anywhere I have ever suggested taking off your mask in public - in any forum on this site. You can’t - because I have never suggested that, not even once. Please don’t make up stuff to pretend I’ve said it...it’s insulting. In fact in almost every post I’ve said ‘continue to wear your masks where required’. I would never suggest people stop wearing their masks in public. What I have said is AFTER EVERYONE HAS HAD A CHANCE TO BE VACCINATED people should be responsible for their own safety. That is not even close to suggesting people take off their masks after being vaccinated. 

I get it that you guys are really wound up about this stuff - but please let’s keep things honest :) 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

9 mins ago, Fitzy said:

You must have seen the covid conspiracy thread in the tavern right?  If not.. sit down and buckle up- you have 666 pages of nonsense to breeze through.

I skimmed through 10-11 pages of the Flat Earth thread to enjoy some fake nonsense and reset.

Massachusetts EPO:

1-800-632-8075

7 hours ago, ermghoti said:

No. The protection to the vaccinated individuals has been proven. The reduction in transmissiblility from a vaccinated and exposed person to unvaccinated people can only be presumed until it is tested/data is collated.

It has been tested and proven - just because you haven’t yet read it doesn’t change the fact that it has been proven and tested. The CDC even stopped requiring vaccinated folks from quarantining after travel. If that’s not proof enough that I’m not sure what kinda proof you are gonna require :)  

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

7 hours ago, ksc said:

Also state guidelines don't require vaccinated people to quarantine after an exposure anymore. 

Federal guidelines...I’m not sure how many states have changed it now, but the CDC stopped requiring it :th: 

7 hours ago, ermghoti said:

No. The protection to the vaccinated individuals has been proven. The reduction in transmissiblility from a vaccinated and exposed person to unvaccinated people can only be presumed until it is tested/data is collated.

There are signs on business in my area that state they aren't going to ask if somebody not wearing a mask has a medical issue. The sign doesn't actually say "wink, wink," but that's what it means. I've heard people explicitly state they will not wear masks, and cite HIPAA if asked about it, like they are pleading the 5th.

Imagined reasons are any excluding the actual reasons, which pretty much begin and end with a risk of choking on the mask itself, or already being required to wear a mask of some sort:

"The following categories of people are exempt from the requirement to wear a mask:

• A child under the age of 2 years;
  • A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, for reasons related to the disability;
  • A person for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to workplace health, safety, or job duty as determined by the workplace risk assessmentexternal icon."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

It takes a couple seconds on Google to come up with the fake issues: reduction in blood oxygen (BS), breathing recycled air (because you can get sick from breathing the pathogens already in your body), and so forth.

Again, my saftey is my concern, the safety of the general public is a civic concern. People refusing to take common sense and/or mandated measures to prevent the spread of a disease that is crippling or fatal is a grave public health concern. If it has to be about you, if you fall ill or are injured, and you can't get into the ICU because the hospitals are slammed with COVID patients, your risk increases significantly.

COVID19 killed 500k people in the US since the outbreak began, and is responsible for the deaths of another 250k from strain on the healthcare system and other ancillary causes. At it's worst, drunk driving caused around 50k deaths annually, and we will put you in jail for that. We can certainly ticket people who deliberately misinform themselves, exclude them from public gatherings/travel, etc.

So you can tell who’s ‘flaunting’ their medical condition by not wearing their mask? That was the claim you made - that people were ‘flaunting’ their medical conditions - real and imagined - to not wear their masks. Think about that for a second. 

7 mins ago, TimS said:

Show me anywhere I have ever suggested taking off your mask in public - in any forum on this site. You can’t - because I have never suggested that, not even once. Please don’t make up stuff to pretend I’ve said it...it’s insulting. In fact in almost every post I’ve said ‘continue to wear your masks where required’. I would never suggest people stop wearing their masks in public. What I have said is AFTER EVERYONE HAS HAD A CHANCE TO BE VACCINATED people should be responsible for their own safety. That is not even close to suggesting people take off their masks after being vaccinated. 

I get it that you guys are really wound up about this stuff - but please let’s keep things honest :) 

Tim, in an earlier post, you led with: “Is there any legitimate reason for a vaccinated person to wear a mask when it looks like transmission of the virus by them is very unlikely?” That read to me as saying that once you’ve been vaccinated, you can take off your mask. Later on in the post, you added the “once everyone has had the opportunity to get a vaccine” qualifier, but it was not clear to me that you meant that to qualify the above rhetorical question with that idea as well. That’s partly poor reading comprehension on my part (which I apologize for) but also partly unclear writing on your part. 

There’s a balance to be struck here. There is good reason to believe that we will soon (i.e., a matter of weeks) know enough about the transmissibility of vaccinated folks that you should be comfortable visiting the homes of vaccinated friends and family without needing to social distance and wear masks. 

At that point, though, you should still wear masks and socially distance in public areas. Essential workers and other members of the public won’t know who is vaccinated and who isn’t, and you should avoid unnecessarily causing fear in the midst of a global pandemic; think covering your mouth when you cough even if it’s just asthma as opposed to a communicable disease. Once a sufficient number of folks have immunity such that the public health officials have declared it safe to be in public without masks, that’s when you should remove them, but that’s different than “once everyone who wants a vaccine has one.” 

6 hours ago, Massfish said:

Barber wears his mask near me and insists on all clients wearing masks.  I’m shocked a barber wouldn’t wear their mask in MA.  

In NJ when I get my hair cut I’m required to sign in, get my temperature checked and recorded next to my signature along with my cell phone number - and I and the girl that cuts my hair both have to wear a mask the entire time. No mask, no hair cut. Temp too high, back out the door. Yet NJs numbers continue to be higher than Florida:huh: 

15 mins ago, TimS said:

So you can tell who’s ‘flaunting’ their medical condition by not wearing their mask? That was the claim you made - that people were ‘flaunting’ their medical conditions - real and imagined - to not wear their masks. Think about that for a second. 

I don't need to know who is faking a medical condition to avoid wearing a mask to know people are faking a medical condition to avoid wearing a mask. I listen to radio. People call in and announce this is their intention. It's happening. 

19 mins ago, TimS said:

It has been tested and proven - just because you haven’t yet read it doesn’t change the fact that it has been proven and tested. The CDC even stopped requiring vaccinated folks from quarantining after travel. If that’s not proof enough that I’m not sure what kinda proof you are gonna require :)  

That's not accurate. "Proven and tested" means studies are published showing vaccinated persons who are exposed to the virus are less likely to transmit it than the general public. That is most probably true, but it has not been established. Again, I'm talking about prudence in the face of mass deaths. We can wait a month or two and be certain of the risks.

Massachusetts EPO:

1-800-632-8075

19 mins ago, jmei said:

Tim, in an earlier post, you led with: “Is there any legitimate reason for a vaccinated person to wear a mask when it looks like transmission of the virus by them is very unlikely?” That read to me as saying that once you’ve been vaccinated, you can take off your mask. Later on in the post, you added the “once everyone has had the opportunity to get a vaccine” qualifier, but it was not clear to me that you meant that to qualify the above rhetorical question with that idea as well. That’s partly poor reading comprehension on my part (which I apologize for) but also partly unclear writing on your part. 

There’s a balance to be struck here. There is good reason to believe that we will soon (i.e., a matter of weeks) know enough about the transmissibility of vaccinated folks that you should be comfortable visiting the homes of vaccinated friends and family without needing to social distance and wear masks. 

At that point, though, you should still wear masks and socially distance in public areas. Essential workers and other members of the public won’t know who is vaccinated and who isn’t, and you should avoid unnecessarily causing fear in the midst of a global pandemic; think covering your mouth when you cough even if it’s just asthma as opposed to a communicable disease. Once a sufficient number of folks have immunity such that the public health officials have declared it safe to be in public without masks, that’s when you should remove them, but that’s different than “once everyone who wants a vaccine has one.” 

My apologies, I probably quoted someone else’s post in that response. I do always try to be very clear when expressing a though. I say in every post that people should continue to wear masks where required - I was throwing out a point for discussion, I wasn’t asking for a change in policy...my apologies if that wasn’t clear. 

11 mins ago, ermghoti said:

don't need to know who is faking a medical condition to avoid wearing a mask to know people are faking a medical condition to avoid wearing a mask. I listen to radio. People call in and announce this is their intention. It's happening. 

But the ones you see, whether real or imagined, are ‘flaunting’ it. That implies intent. Some folks are legitimately unable to wear masks. But they are ‘flaunting’ this when you see them. Again, think about that for a second :) 

22 mins ago, TimS said:

In NJ when I get my hair cut I’m required to sign in, get my temperature checked and recorded next to my signature along with my cell phone number - and I and the girl that cuts my hair both have to wear a mask the entire time. No mask, no hair cut. Temp too high, back out the door. Yet NJs numbers continue to be higher than Florida:huh: 

I am in Florida and most service providers wear masks. In stores almost everyone wear mask. We visited four kitchen remodeling stores and everyone wore masks.

The only stores I visited where the sales people did not wear masks are bait and tackle stores.

outside many folks are not wearing masks. I don’t think the virus is being transmitted easily in open air.

Edited by levari

13 mins ago, ermghoti said:

That's not accurate. "Proven and tested" means studies are published showing vaccinated persons who are exposed to the virus are less likely to transmit it than the general public. 

Again, just because you haven’t read it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been done. Even the CDC recognizes that vaccinated people aren’t a risk to unvaccinated people to the point where they recommend vaccinated people don’t need to quarantine if they are directly exposed to covid. That means the CDC is saying vaccinated people aren’t gonna get unvaccinated people sick - the CDC. If that’s not good enough for you, what would be? :)