The Vaccine

Rate this topic

capequahog

Had my second shot (pfizer) Monday evening - had some mild symptoms yesterday that I would term as 'a little under the weather'...some chills and I felt like I had a mild temp, although I never measured it to know for sure. Today I'm back to normal (by my standards...lol)

I did opt out of fishing after work and instead, laid down on the couch and watched TV all evening. However, if this was albie season, I may have found a way to make it work :-)

My son got his second Moderna on Saturday and my wife got her second Moderna on Sunday.  My son felt ok, little headache and tired the next day but my wife did not feel great on Monday.  101 degree fever and a little fluey but it only lasted 24 hours.  My other son gets his second tomorrow, progress!!  Both sons' colleges are requiring the vaccine to return to campus in the fall so I'm glad we are getting this done!

Edited by Twisted

So the governor removed the outdoor mask mandates and I just saw on the news that some towns are still requiring them outside. Chatham, Salem and Brookline were listed. What is wrong with the people managing these places? It’s getting ridiculous. Screw these places. I’m certainly not going to spend time in any of them. 

11 mins ago, z-man said:

What is wrong with the people managing these places? It’s getting ridiculous. Screw these places. I’m certainly not going to spend time in any of them. 

I'm sure the finger-wagging Karens of Chatham and Brookline will be devestated to hear this. :laugh:

To the contrary, it's what they want. To keep you out of their (rich, elite, suburban liberal) covid-safety bubble, or at least to have the legal justification to shame you for being there.

Screw em, indeed. I won't stay away. Been fishing un-masked in Brookline since even before the mandate lifted, and won't be doing a damn thing differently regardless whatever silly local mandates they continue to impose.

Just "following the science," ya know?

17 hours ago, z-man said:

What is wrong with the people managing these places? It’s getting ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Intrepid95 said:

Just "following the science," ya know?

Yeah, they push the follow the science agenda when it suits them.  The science says Boston can go maskless outdoors, but their neighbors in Brookline say no...ok.  It's an excuse to keep the riff raff out.

But the science says one of the best places to be is outdoors, with lots of fresh air, and getting that vitamin D.  Coastal towns, for example, want to limit the amount of people going to their beach.  In fact they sometimes shut down parking lots, limit parking, and some even made you make reservations online to park if you were a seasonal parking pass holder. All in the name of "covid safety concerns."   Perhaps if they were really concerned about public safety, these coastal towns would have found a way to get MORE parking available, not less.

Edited by danny_a

2 hours ago, danny_a said:

Yeah, they push the follow the science agenda when it suits them.  The science says Boston can go maskless outdoors, but their neighbors in Brookline say no...ok.  It's an excuse to keep the riff raff out.

But the science says one of the best places to be is outdoors, with lots of fresh air, and getting that vitamin D.  Coastal towns, for example, want to limit the amount of people going to their beach.  In fact they sometimes shut down parking lots, limited parking, and some even made you make reservations online to park if you were a seasonal parking pass holder. All in the name of "covid safety concerns."   Perhaps if they were really concerned about public safety, these coastal towns would have found a way to get MORE parking available, not less.

And the places that allow you to visit there still take advantage by now charging for parking where parking was previously free. I was on a fishing scouting excursion in the Watertown area and found that the place I had always parked for free now was charging for parking (via a central kios/pay machine)...While I can't say for certain, my guy says this is a related deterrent of sorts

Done as of yesterday - second Pfizer. Other than a sore arm, no side fx. I am 31 years old so I expected at least something.

There are far more vaccines available now than interested patients. I walked into the Hynes a half hour early and was done within a minute. Easily the most well-run healthcare operation I have ever seen.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:20 PM, z-man said:

So the governor removed the outdoor mask mandates and I just saw on the news that some towns are still requiring them outside. Chatham, Salem and Brookline were listed. What is wrong with the people managing these places? It’s getting ridiculous. Screw these places. I’m certainly not going to spend time in any of them. 

Add Amherst to that list. UMass kicked out 3 girls for an outdoor off campus unmasked photo.

I'll have mine on the rocks.

My understanding was the photo was from a St. Patrick's Day party in March.  The school won't even let the girls take exams and the family's are out $16,000 for the semester.  Yes, you guessed it, the parents have filed a lawsuit against UMASS.

5 mins ago, Twisted said:

My understanding was the photo was from a St. Patrick's Day party in March.  The school won't even let the girls take exams and the family's are out $16,000 for the semester.  Yes, you guessed it, the parents have filed a lawsuit against UMASS.

Are the kids kicked out from the partying/drinking or because they didn’t wear a mask? Would they have been ok if they had masks on at the party? It’s pretty messed up that they can just steal your tuition for something so petty. I haven’t heard of anyone in the general public getting fined for not wearing a mask and even if they did it would be a couple hundred dollars. The colleges are taking 10’s of thousands of dollars from these kids. 

From what I heard on the news UMASS is basing the discipline on the kids being at a large gathering and not wearing masks, both were prohibited by the university and students had to sign a code of conduct (not unusual, both of my sons had to at their colleges).  

2 hours ago, Twisted said:

From what I heard on the news UMASS is basing the discipline on the kids being at a large gathering and not wearing masks, both were prohibited by the university and students had to sign a code of conduct (not unusual, both of my sons had to at their colleges).  

And not soon after the pic, UMass had a parade and event for their hockey team. Hope the parents win big time in court.