The Vaccine

Rate this topic

capequahog

41 mins ago, rst3 said:

Coincidentally, I'm currently boarding at Logan. Already hear some coughing....    (¬_¬)

20210421_090411.jpg.e28a6684adb354118bd815f02df70f93.jpg

Off to Florida for a few days of flats fun, then to the Keys for a few more. Tarpon at night there under the full moon 

Thank you for the in depth answer to a sarcastic comment.........................

13 hours ago, rst3 said:

Vaccine v Virus

Looks like we just went over the top. 

ezgif-3-3958f68aee8e.gif.da2f35eb217b4f25a52557fd89f8d0d5.gif

Screenshot_20210420-143720_Twitter.jpg.1f22a2eb92d37a6b1a8f828eaa3fba21.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-143740_Twitter.jpg.e1979c4aa1f874bf29966f96317c459b.jpg

Rapidly building population immunity now appears to be winning the war against the more transmissible variant, B117.

Beginning of the end.

Rest of the world? Not so much.

India looks to be in real trouble. Virus there is spreading so fast, caseload rising like a vertical wall.

Screenshot_20210420-042759_Chrome.jpg.7fe8ee5661328c9885a6403d7cc8f6e5.jpg

Subsonic Disease Tube

aka 'passenger jet'

> 'Nearly every India-Toronto flight this month had COVID-positive passengers'

> 'Hong Kong Suspends Flights Connecting India' 

"Sunday, 47 passengers who were on Vistara''s Delhi-Hong Kong flight of April 4 tested positive for COVID-19 in Hong Kong."

Screenshot_20210420-203207_Twitter.jpg.17b99db2a6d32b85494b6cc7a4f7974d.jpg

Yikes.

Interesting that many experts put the risk of transmission on planes at low or moderately low, due to high air movement in the cabin. 

What worries me more about this is not flying  - I have no current plans to fly - what worries me is where all these sick people go when they get off the planes.

Hopefully I won't sound xenophobic when I say, this post concerned me as, coincidentally, I just got back from letting my kid play at a playground where 75% of the other kids appeared to be Indian. The town has a huge Indian population. 

I only just started letting him go into playgrounds with other kids. I figure the strong Spring sunshine is beaming down UV and current consensus seems to be surfaces are not a threat.

I think I'm gonna rethink the playground thing, at least when other kids are there.

5 hours ago, b-ware said:

Your right as usual Joe, stupid me trying to insert some sarcastic humor into this f............ up world..................

I'll be quiet now..........

You change your meds or just another bad batch of Debbie Wong's won ton?

1 hour ago, FEW3 said:

Huge surplus. Not good.

Nope.

> Vaccinations dropped 11% nationally last week.

"The declines are especially acute across states in the Deep South that already have some of the lowest vaccination rates. Average daily shots plunged by more than 30 percent in Georgia and South Carolina over the past week. Texas reported a 25 percent decline with about 30 percent of its eligible population inoculated."

It's sad -- and terribly frustrating -- that so many Americans are bailing on vaccination. We have millions of doses of the best vaccines in the world at the ready. You can pick your time and place to get the shot. And... the vaccine is free! The govt even picked up the tab!

You know, there are several BILLION people around the world who are currently under major attack by the virus and they're desperate--desperate for ANY vaccine. Never mind the high grade stuff collecting dust in our cryo-freezers. 

Shaking my damn head.

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

23 mins ago, rst3 said:

Nope.

"The declines are especially acute across states in the Deep South that already have some of the lowest vaccination rates. Average daily shots plunged by more than 30 percent in Georgia and South Carolina over the past week. Texas reported a 25 percent decline with about 30 percent of its eligible population inoculated."

It's sad -- and terribly frustrating -- that so many Americans are bailing on vaccination. We have millions of doses of the best vaccines in the world at the ready. You can pick your time and place to get the shot. And... the vaccine is free! The govt even picked up the tab!

You know, there are several BILLION people around the world who are currently under major attack by the virus and they're desperate--desperate for ANY vaccine. Never mind the high grade stuff collecting dust in our cryo-freezers. 

Shaking my damn head.

So this is going to continue.  

Are the holding it until the 16+ group is eligible nationwide?

5 hours ago, rst3 said:

Nope.

Shaking my damn head.

It's shocking to me to read that some venues in the hardest hit counties in Michigan are only filling 50% of available spots.

WTF is wrong with these people??????

They marched on their statehouse in combat gear because they didn't like the shutdowns yet they're scared to get a shot that would end shutdowns. 

Makes no frigging sense whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, mikez2 said:

It's shocking to me to read that some venues in the hardest hit counties in Michigan are only filling 50% of available spots.

WTF is wrong with these people??????

They marched on their statehouse in combat gear because they didn't like the shutdowns yet they're scared to get a shot that would end shutdowns. 

Makes no frigging sense whatsoever. 

I honestly think a lot of people just like to bitch about the government. Rather than get the shot they’ll keep complaining about masks, the economy and their freedoms. 
I’m surprised there’s so much vaccine available in MA. I thought that when they opened up to 16+ everything would be booked up for months. 

200 million people have been given “the shot” it’s available for everyone. The population has done its part.  

48 mins ago, z-man said:

I honestly think a lot of people just like to bitch about the government. Rather than get the shot they’ll keep complaining about masks, the economy and their freedoms. 
I’m surprised there’s so much vaccine available in MA. I thought that when they opened up to 16+ everything would be booked up for months. 

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

6 mins ago, scott7980 said:

200 million people have been given “the shot” it’s available for everyone. The population has done its part.  

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Not true. It’s 200 Million doses given. Most people need two doses so it’s about half that that are fully vaccinated. 

8 hours ago, rst3 said:

Nope.

Shaking my damn head.

Even in the greatest country in the world there is still no antidote for intellectual apathy. Combine that with basic fear and the power of political poisoning and you get your “resistance rate”. God help us all...