capequahog

The Vaccine

Rate this topic

2,384 posts in this topic

56 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Waaaay back when, at the start of the US epidemic, some Oxford statistician did a projection that the US would have two million dead, if it did nothing. The 560,000 dead is a pretty good down payment, don't you think?

Way back when this pandemic started Fauci said a whole lot of things.

Then he said a whole lot of opposite things.

Certain governors EOs killed whole lot of old folks. How was that for a down payment?

BTW, it was a simple question that Fauci kept ducking and he was exposed as a fraud for doing it.

47 mins ago, levari said:

Give a visit to Brazilian hospitals or read about it where 3 patients are sharing the same breathing machine only because the president over there shares the same view as yours..

Are we Brazil?

2 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Way back when this pandemic started Fauci said a whole lot of things.

Then he said a whole lot of opposite things.

Certain governors EOs killed whole lot of old folks. How was that for a down payment?

BTW, it was a simple question that Fauci kept ducking and he was exposed as a fraud for doing it.

Jordan is a career troll. He doesn't want answers, he knew the answer, he was posing for the camera.  He got a calm and literal answer.  When the numbers permit restrictions to go away, we'll be happy to discard them. "Calm and literal" isn't what he wanted.  Not now, not ever.

Anyone who seeks to enjoy Jordan's idea of freedom is welcome to seek out every opportunity to become infected that is available. Go to big parties! Refuse masks! Express your disdain for science by staging a cough-in. Freedom is more than the right to choose your own risks; freedom is the ability to impose risk on others! That's why Washington led a revolution!

Fauci must be tempted to invite Jordon to visit a Covid ward in Michigan, say, and tell the people on ventilators that they're really soldiers fighting in the defense of freedom.

22 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Absolutely.

Some one best said it......"Fauci doesn't want to put an end date on his time in the sun".

3 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Sure. Seeing more people live, and watching the death rate decline, that's terrorism.

Waaaay back when, at the start of the US epidemic, some Oxford statistician did a projection that the US would have two million dead, if it did nothing. The 560,000 dead is a pretty good down payment, don't you think?

I watched Dr. Fauci earlier today, being insulted by Jim Jordan, the latter demanding to know when Americans would get their freedoms back. Fauci has incredible patience and gave his usual thoughtful, God-is-in-the-numbers response. Fauci must be tempted, at times, to indulge his own temper a bit, but it never shows. This is the discipline that comes from a lifetime of telling politicians things that they don't care to hear.

560,000 people that died had covid.  560,000 people didn't died because of covid.  Huge difference.  

46 mins ago, Joe G said:

Absolutely.

Some one best said it......"Fauci doesn't want to put an end date on his time in the sun".

How dare you doubt the great and powerful Fauci!

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

Are we Brazil?

No, we don’t need to share breathing machines like them thanks to the terroristic orders we followed... 

38 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Jordan is a career troll. He doesn't want answers, he knew the answer, he was posing for the camera.  He got a calm and literal answer.  When the numbers permit restrictions to go away, we'll be happy to discard them. "Calm and literal" isn't what he wanted.  Not now, not ever.

And that was a consummate non answer.

A calm and practiced non answer.

See to make that answer he must have a number but he understands that once he states said answer he puts an end date on his relevance.

To this day I have no idea why Trump did not fire him.

Just now, levari said:

No, we don’t need to share breathing machines like them thanks to the terroristic orders we followed... 

The damage done to our economy from the lockdowns is far worse than what Covid has done.

Maybe we should send hem some of the plentiful respirators that we have here that are not being used?

49 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

The damage done to our economy from the lockdowns is far worse than what Covid has done.

Maybe we should send hem some of the plentiful respirators that we have here that are not being used?

I guess some will value the life of human being more than you do...

A large number of people have all done what the are supposed to and yet nothing has changed!

On 4/17/2021 at 7:16 AM, oc1 said:

When the pandemic started, DHS and TSA were about to require that you have an advanced form of identification for air travel....

"Due to circumstances resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and the national emergency declaration, the Department of Homeland Security is extending the REAL ID enforcement deadline by a year. The new deadline for REAL ID enforcement is October 1, 2021. Read the announcement.

Beginning October 1, 2021, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States."

and....

"REAL ID-compliant cards are marked with a star at the top of the card. If you’re not sure, contact your state driver’s license agency on how to obtain a REAL ID compliant card.  For information by state, including where to obtain a REAL ID, visit the DHS REAL ID website and click your state on the map."

For instance, in MA "You’ll also need to decide between a Standard driver’s license/ID and a REAL ID driver’s license/ID. REAL ID is a federal ID that you can use, beginning October 2021, to fly within the United States or enter federal buildings. To get one, you’ll need to provide additional documentation and come into an RMV service center. "

DHS and TSA are unlikely to forget about this project.  I wouldn't surprise me if the additional information required for a REAL ID includes some sort of vaccination verification.

In another vein, I heard a news pundit this evening say that the pandemic may have finally superseded our twenty-year obsession with terrorism.  I hope so.

My license expires on my birthday, next December. I'll likely just go into my local AAA office (who also provides DMV services) a bit early in Oct to get this new license...My wife has the new license since she had to renew hers just before covid...

On 4/17/2021 at 7:16 AM, oc1 said:

When the pandemic started, DHS and TSA were about to require that you have an advanced form of identification for air travel....

"Due to circumstances resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and the national emergency declaration, the Department of Homeland Security is extending the REAL ID enforcement deadline by a year. The new deadline for REAL ID enforcement is October 1, 2021. Read the announcement.

Beginning October 1, 2021, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States."

and....

"REAL ID-compliant cards are marked with a star at the top of the card. If you’re not sure, contact your state driver’s license agency on how to obtain a REAL ID compliant card.  For information by state, including where to obtain a REAL ID, visit the DHS REAL ID website and click your state on the map."

For instance, in MA "You’ll also need to decide between a Standard driver’s license/ID and a REAL ID driver’s license/ID. REAL ID is a federal ID that you can use, beginning October 2021, to fly within the United States or enter federal buildings. To get one, you’ll need to provide additional documentation and come into an RMV service center. "

DHS and TSA are unlikely to forget about this project.  I wouldn't surprise me if the additional information required for a REAL ID includes some sort of vaccination verification.

In another vein, I heard a news pundit this evening say that the pandemic may have finally superseded our twenty-year obsession with terrorism.  I hope so.

The new ID requirement has nothing to due with covid. I realize you're not saying it is, just wanted to point that out before the PG trolls try to turn it into some kind of vaccine passport rant.

As far as the new ID, kind of a pain, as far as I can tell. Looks like I'm gonna have to send away for my birth certificate. I know I had a copy years ago but it disappeared. My social security card as well. I'm pretty sure there’s an old copy kicking around here somewhere but apparently it won't be good because I had it laminated. 

Definitely an inconvenience but I can live with it.

19 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

And that was a consummate non answer.

A calm and practiced non answer.

See to make that answer he must have a number but he understands that once he states said answer he puts an end date on his relevance.

To this day I have no idea why Trump did not fire him.

Oh, he wanted to. Fauci treated the pandemic as a medical problem, not as an unfair imposition on Trump's re-election campaign (so unfair!) Fauci never once embraced HCL, AZT, zinc, Laura Ingraham, Dr. Scott Atlas, or America's Frontline Doctors. Not ONCE did he recognize that the election was what mattered. As our knowledge of the disease expanded, Fauci's advice and commentary changed, but never for the (electoral) better. Did he recommend the internal use of household disinfectants? No! Did he have a good word to say about irradiating the lungs with UV? No! So we got #FireFauci and other displays of Presidential resentment.

"See to make that answer he must have a number but he understands that once he states said answer he puts an end date on his relevance."   A totally ad hominem assessment. All these damn doctors - Fauci, Birx, the Surgeon General - are just puffing up their own importance. Infection rates may be up in twenty states, but YOU know better than to think that it's got anything to do with the virus. No, it's all about their egos, their importance.

Isn't it amazing how so many people are willing to get sick just to support Fauci's ego?