capequahog

The Vaccine

Rate this topic

145 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

Good to see your getting the shot in central MA as opposed to on Cape.  You'll be well served by the large UMASS network.

Joe,

In all honesty, I have no idea as to the protocol?  Yes, Sandy and I are Umass patients.  But until I receive the 'where' and  'when' phone call or email from them, I have no idea how this will go down. I can't imagine they'll allow tens of thousands of unvaccinated people the opportunity to walk into the hospital looking to get vaccinated.

The actual vaccine may happen at a satellite drive up site Umass, CVS or Walgreens has set up.   Understand, I'm communicating with our Dr via the patient portal, so details are still sketchy. 

But, at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. We have ourselves locked in our own bubble, and if it means waiting another month, then so be it.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Joe,

In all honesty, I have no idea as to the protocol?  Yes, Sandy and I are Umass patients.  ....   Understand, I'm communicating with our Dr via the patient portal, so details are still sketchy. 

Your both fine.  They have ya covered.  UMASS Memorial is using EPICCare Link as its patient portal.  Part of the EPIC Electronic Health Record system that a number of medical centers use.  Your in the system....you'll be notified at the appropriate time how to schedule and where to show.   

4 hours ago, sytheteacher said:

Will we need a booster shot every year of this vaccine??? 

From what I've read, the experts dont know how long the immunity from the vaccine will last. So the question is still unanswered. Another question is immunity from future COVID strains that may pop up. 

14 mins ago, bdowning said:

From what I've read, the experts dont know how long the immunity from the vaccine will last. So the question is still unanswered. Another question is immunity from future COVID strains that may pop up. 

Was these future strains of the virus mutated in the bodies of effected people or designed by China... 

5 mins ago, sytheteacher said:

Was these future strains of the virus mutated in the bodies of effected people or designed by China... 

According to reports, China has had only one case of covid in the last 5 months.  So don't look at China.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

According to reports, China has had only one case of covid in the last 5 months.  So don't look at China.  :rolleyes:

Ok, so what is China doing to keep their statistics down ??? 

7 hours ago, sytheteacher said:

Will we need a booster shot every year of this vaccine??? 

Q- Will we need a booster?

A- Strong likelihood, yes.

Q- Every year?

A- Unknown at this time. Could be every year, could be every couple years.

Some clips below go into a bit more detail.

Q- Does immunity decline over time?--at least with the approved vaccines to date?

A- Yes. In a small study, neutralizing antibodies declined slowly for younger people, faster for older folks

960x0.png.3f4c81a3cfc0abbf48d0513d041f2863.png

Screenshot_20210117-153637_Chrome.jpg.7446a33f8f788c9f0288cb776a80482e.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-154455_Chrome.jpg.5daba817124bb669e524a93ce3b12dbc.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-154128_Chrome.jpg.5dd8805abac20008bb50febbceb1f133.jpg

1) Moderna is preparing to run booster trials later this year. 

Screenshot_20210117-153725_Chrome.jpg.30a196de21e184c40f348e1c790084f9.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-153812_Chrome.jpg.31ec3867717fd146723bebd996b1744c.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-153854_Chrome.jpg.22aaed89346d2da3f80c423115033385.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-154333_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, bob_G said:

You believe what the Chinese say about the Kung flu?