MEF

Will a Shimano Stradic 5000 FL Spool fit on a 4000 FL body

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Just curious. I have a 4000 Shimano Stradic FL and was wondering if I bought a 5000 FL spool, would it fit on the 4000 the same. Does anyone know if the two reels are the same body and just a different depth spool? Thanks

10 mins ago, Badtothebugs said:

Oops thought that was a stradic thread. Yes same applies for 4000 fl and C5000 fl.

awesome! ill order a spool then. are all the new stradics the same? I see some spools for the new FL are labeled 4000, while others are c5000xg

4 hours ago, MEF said:

awesome! ill order a spool then. are all the new stradics the same? I see some spools for the new FL are labeled 4000, while others are c5000xg

the c stands for compact body, which the 5000 stradic is and the XG stands for the gear ratio which would be extra high gear ratio. HG stands for high gear and PG stands for power gear, or low gear. as long as it says 5000 and FL it will fit your reel

50 mins ago, TheReelLuke said:

the c stands for compact body, which the 5000 stradic is and the XG stands for the gear ratio which would be extra high gear ratio. HG stands for high gear and PG stands for power gear, or low gear. as long as it says 5000 and FL it will fit your reel

Thank you. So my stradic is just a regular gear 4000 FL, but even if the spool says XG or PG on it, it will work fine right? as those designations are referring to the actual gear ratio of the reel?

Just now, MEF said:

Thank you. So my stradic is just a regular gear 4000 FL, but even if the spool says XG or PG on it, it will work fine right? as those designations are referring to the actual gear ratio of the reel?

yeah those designations won't affect the spool fitment. I don't know why your 4000 doesn't have the gear ratio on it, did you get it shipped from overseas?

8 mins ago, TheReelLuke said:

yeah those designations won't affect the spool fitment. I don't know why your 4000 doesn't have the gear ratio on it, did you get it shipped from overseas?

No I got it from a guy on here. No idea where he got it

32 mins ago, TheReelLuke said:

So after doing a little research, here in the US, the two widely known models are the PG and XG. The one I have has neither on the spool. Turns out this reel is the 5.3:1 ratio that is only offered in Asia markets, but is still a stradic FL.

23 hours ago, MEF said:

So after doing a little research, here in the US, the two widely known models are the PG and XG. The one I have has neither on the spool. Turns out this reel is the 5.3:1 ratio that is only offered in Asia markets, but is still a stradic FL.

makes sense. I think all the US model stradic FL reels have the gear ratio printed on the spool