Truecoat epoxy

Rate this topic

Punch63

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, Steel Pulse said:

Yup I got it. Found it to be too soft for my liking. Talked to the guy. Going to give it another chance. It’s a 1 to 1 mix. I prefer 2 to 1 mixes. They to me are more durable. Going to give it another shot. 

Okay so how did it go ?  I talked to a guy today who said this is his all time favorite epoxy 8000lb tensile strength yada yada yada I’m wondering if it really is all that 

On 1/13/2021 at 0:24 PM, Punch63 said:

I bought some today, will give it a try

How’d it go ?

(*member formerly known as 'Califulltiltfishing')

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Steel Pulse I also am working with this brand and I can say it's gotta be the best I've used. Mix by weight if you get some (I think its like a 1.26 multiplier). It has about a 30-45 min work time before it's beyond 'spreadable' with an acid brush.

No air bubbles, no fish eyes, no craters or pull away... And if mixed by weight, after ~24hr it's rock hard. No indent if you press a finger nail in it. Good thickness on one coat as well.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, Kphresh said:

@Steel Pulse I also am working with this brand and I can say it's gotta be the best I've used. Mix by weight if you get some (I think its like a 1.26 multiplier). It has about a 30-45 min work time before it's beyond 'spreadable' with an acid brush.

No air bubbles, no fish eyes, no craters or pull away... And if mixed by weight, after ~24hr it's rock hard. No indent if you press a finger nail in it. Good thickness on one coat as well.

I tried by volume 1:1. Turned out pretty soft. 

Kphresh:

I'm asking because I don't have the product handy as yet

I contacted the owner of Truecoat and got this reply

Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 10:31 AM
To: ed morini <edmorini@theshipscarpenter.net>
Subject: Re: Mixing schedule

Hi Ed. The weight ratio is included with the instructions on the inside lid of the box.

Just in case though: 

32grams of part B to 37grams part A.

You can scale this up , ex 64g part B to 74g part A, 128g part B to 148g part A , etc. 

I do not recommend scaling it down though. It’s too easy to knock the ratio out of proportion in smaller amounts. I recommend using small measuring cups or syringes for small amounts 

Regardless of the amount: mix for one minute and let stand 5 mins before applying 

TrueGlide LLC 

Dividing 37by 32 = 1.1562 multiplier for a 1:1 mix Is that close to the  multiplier you used. 1.6 would be more hardener and I wondering if that yielded a harder mix your coating.