Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prican1

I need these!!

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, TimS said:

Wow...I haven't seen those in a long time...those are the eels J&J used to rig and sell - I don't think they are Felmlee, right? 

You're right.  Those are the old J&J Tackle eels.  Got lots of them along with a mile of surgical tubing.

1 hour ago, TimS said:

Totally different rubber than a sluggo....the Felmlee eels are much tougher, they don't cast off the hook, they generally don't tear when you catch a fish - Sluggos get destroyed, like Finsfish.

Totally agree. But they do tear after a few fish. My box is filled with new ones but also I have quite a few that are glued back together because I know I can't replace them.  Mainly my solid black and my chartreuse .

2 hours ago, CharlieK said:

A tuff order there. I just checked Flea Bay and Amazon as you probably did and came up blank. Also the Felmlee web site shows  their products, but evidently they no longer make the 5 inch eels.  Very limited on color selection. I stocked up a few years ago when I saw the pattern of starting to limit their selection because these eels are my main teaser selection.

If you are lucky enough to find any 5 inch ones, don't limit yourself to just the natural color as you asked for. I catch equally on solid black, brown & red, black and silver, pink and probably my best catcher is chartruece.

i will dig out my stock and see if I can part with any. 

Sorry Bud, but I just checked and my supply is extremely low on all colors of the 5 inch ones so I can't help you. Actually only have 4 black, 2 chartreuse, 2 pink, 1 black over silver and a few naturals which is the color you asked for.  And some of those are re-glued already, but they still catch.

2 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

What about Bill Hurley rat tail sandeel?   

You can buy just the tails. 7 1/2in.  Bite off to fit.  

7.5inchsandeel600x315sh.jpg

Too soft...and far too expensive to bite off and use as teasers.

1 hour ago, CharlieK said:

Could they have been made by Ultimus?

Those bigger J&J eels were a completely different rubber than Ultimus. I used to know who made the J&J eels but can't recall at the moment, but I don't think it was Ultimus. The other rigged eels J&J used - the 8" and 10 3/4" - were made by Ultimus...and they were always my favorites. 

45 mins ago, TimS said:

Those bigger J&J eels were a completely different rubber than Ultimus. I used to know who made the J&J eels but can't recall at the moment, but I don't think it was Ultimus. The other rigged eels J&J used - the 8" and 10 3/4" - were made by Ultimus...and they were always my favorites. 

Got lots of those sizes too.  Also the monster 16" ones.

3 mins ago, Dan Tinman said:

Got lots of those sizes too.  Also the monster 16" ones.

As much as I've tried I could never find a use for the 16" Ultimus eels...don't they weigh around 3oz? I rigged a couple but never took more than a couple casts with them. The 10 3/4" I've caught thousands of bass with...black/clear with those little red flakes in them...or the olive/pearl colors :drool: 

3 mins ago, TimS said:

As much as I've tried I could never find a use for the 16" Ultimus eels...don't they weigh around 3oz? I rigged a couple but never took more than a couple casts with them. The 10 3/4" I've caught thousands of bass with...black/clear with those little red flakes in them...or the olive/pearl colors :drool: 

I think that 16" one was more for trolling than surf casting.  J&J made some big heads and squids that would pair up nicely with them.

2 hours ago, TimS said:

Too soft...and far too expensive to bite off and use as teasers.

Ok.  I was just looking at the general shape and color.  

I just got some of Dan Tinman eels today and they are pretty tough.  

I got some 3in in olive/white. 

5 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

What about Bill Hurley rat tail sandeel?   

You can buy just the tails. 7 1/2in.  Bite off to fit.  

7.5inchsandeel600x315sh.jpg

That was my go to bait this fall, the bass just loved them.  Never used them as a teaser as I like to tie my own teasers