Mitch Supports Impeachment

Rate this topic

Jmat321

Just now, koalaslim said:

You are crazier than I thought Joey.  I can’t believe you said that I really can’t, but at least you are not hiding the fact you want to sweep aside our democracy and constitution so we can have a king.  Amazing.

This is representative of the cult. If you told them this would happen back in the Bush administration days, they would have slapped your face! Freedom or Die! Now it's "We give our lives to the king".

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

43 mins ago, Mokes said:

They're all disgusting worms. Grifters living like Kings off of OUR MONEY. No politician cares about you.

Smartest, most accurate thing I've read in here today...from Moles of all people :clap: 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

1 min ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

This is representative of the cult. If you told them this would happen back in the Bush administration days, they would have slapped your face! Freedom or Die! Now it's "We give our lives to the king".

They DO seem willing to bend the knee to a fat failed businessman from NYC that was born rich.

31 mins ago, koalaslim said:

I mostly agree, but they aren’t going to play the woman card.  It’s going to be a male GOP member that wins the primary in 2024.  That is going to be a fascinating race.  

I don’t think Haley will be able to go from Gov to Pres, she doesn’t know Washington DC well enough, and same goes for Noem she doesn’t have the chops yet.  Her state is too back water IMO.  She is pretty and she hunts, that’s basically all she has going for her.

Norm or Haley with pence would be more qualified than Biden Harris. 

3 mins ago, koalaslim said:

They DO seem willing to bend the knee to a fat failed businessman from NYC that was born rich.

Bloomberg or Zuckerberg might be able to say that. And they didn't put that much money into election without expecting something back.

But not 47 years in Washington, no accomplishments and rich off lobbyists/ corruption.

12 mins ago, koalaslim said:

You are crazier than I thought Joey.  I can’t believe you said that I really can’t, but at least you are not hiding the fact you want to sweep aside our democracy and constitution so we can have a king.  Amazing.

As usual, you've got it completely backwards. 

I want to temporarily have a king to sweep aside the Progressive Left, Political Correctness and Social Justice, so that we can keep our Democracy and Constitution.

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

I want to temporarily have a king to sweep aside the Progressive Left, Political Correctness and Social Justice, so that we can keep our Democracy and Constitution.

Ahhh, the old "we have to burn our constitution to save it" argument. Lol

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Is that how you think that works?

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

44 mins ago, MaCe1 said:

Wasn't Mitch a never Trumper? He's certainly part of the Washington swamp Trump wanted to drain, so no surprise here.

No one has been more supportive of President Trump, up to this point, than Mitch McConnell. His immediate support for the idea of impeachment may change in ten minutes, depending on the flow of negotiations with Schumer and Biden (and I have no doubt that such negotiations are in progress.) Even so, his alleged support for the idea of impeachment suggests that he sees Trump as a menace to the future of the GOP.

(One thing I have NOT read is whether he would also support a ban on Trump's being elected to office in the future. Would he or wouldn't he?) 

There's an interesting split here. Sen. Cruz, Sen. Hawley, and a dozen or fifteen Representatives were evacuated yesterday with everyone else during the riot. After the rioters were removed, they dusted off their trousers and went back to the floor and continued their planned attacks on the election. I read their doing so as bids for the support of the Trump electorate in 2024. On the other hand, we have Liz Cheney, Sen. McConnell, and others who clearly see Trump as a bomb that will go off again, quite capable of further encouraging a new civil war in his remaining tenure. Who is right?

The House Democrats will call upon V.P. Pence to summon the Cabinet and review Trump via the 25th Amendment. He won't do that, so the House Democrats will pass an Article of Impeachment, and hand it over to the Senate. I can't really see the Senate impeaching, not even if McConnell wants it to happen ; impeachment needs all 50 Democrats and 17 Republicans. The maneuvering all around will make riveting political theater.

1 hour ago, Sparkly said:

70 million deranged followers have a lot of pull. 

I bet it falls below 50 within a year, but it's still a whole lot of voters. And if you live in a staunch Red state, they are the majority of the constituency. 

Very much so. Their assault on the election will make Cruz and Hawley heroes in Texas. So, someone's gotta be right and someone's gotta be wrong about where the future of the GOP lies.

I suspect that Mitch wants Trump gone, but not via impeachment. I suspect that's what's being discussed is a multi-way quid pro quo. To President Trump, Mitch will make this offer: If you stay quiet, I'll make sure that the impeachment doesn't happen. If the impeachment does happen, you might be barred from ever running again, in 2024 or otherwise. Do you want to gamble a second term just for the fun of getting another mob or two excited, in your last week? To Schumer and Biden, he'll offer good cooperation on Cabinet confirmations if they'll just back off a bit. (Pelosi won't back off; neither will the House Democrats; but with Schumer and the Senate Democrats, something might be worked out.)

Even if totally unsuccessful, there is merit to the impeachment right now because it may cause Trump to back off and let his last week slide by without further uproar. A motion to censure is a weasel's way out. Trump wouldn't care. But a deal that makes sure the impeachment slides away, that he might take, to avoid any chance of both impeachment AND losing his good too.

10 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Kings don’t hand their power away after consolidating their power.  That’s why we have elections.

12 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Ahhh, the old "we have to burn our constitution to save it" argument. Lol

As usual, wrong again.

We just have to do what's necessary to protect it.

Kinda' a little like "thou shalt not kill," but if you're storming a beach full of nazis, well, sometimes ya' gotta' put the rules aside in certain situations to do what must be done.

2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

As usual, wrong again.

We just have to do what's necessary to protect it.

Kinda' a little like "thou shalt not kill," but if you're storming a beach full of nazis, well, sometimes ya' gotta' put the rules aside in certain situations to do what must be done.

No, there are rules to war also Joey.