Parrots

Rate this topic

fishhappy

9 mins ago, fishhappy said:

We do poorly with talking to birds. I think that producing frustration.

I think animals are like people. Some are affable, some aloof, some are lovable and some are just plain Richard Craniums.

You can see it in dogs as well.

Birds though, feel more threatened more easily, so there's that....

45 mins ago, hydraman said:

Yes lots of money involved in the races. It’s wild the training and everything that goes into it. Not cheep at all. 

Not cheap at all.

I know, back in 80's in Europe, Denmark Holland and Germany quality racing homers could cost you 50K and more.

I heard Denmark bird that was champion 2 years in the row racing from Turkey to Denmark was sold for 225, 000 German Marks at that time

Converting to $ it was more than $110,000

I was never much into homers; I was (still am) obsessed with high-flyers.

We use to say, raising pigeons is not a hobby; it is a disease.

Edited by Popasilov

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

46 mins ago, fishhappy said:

We do poorly with talking to birds. I think that producing frustration.

That's one reason, but we need a proper technique to talk to them. In a very clam environment with nothing distract them. Talk to them and they will listen. Slow moving action helps. Treat helps. They are like little babies. Noisy , exciting environment scares them.

1 hour ago, SJ from the Bay said:

My mom has an African gray, he’s funny as hell sometimes and just as annoying the others. Used to live across from a fire station, sounded alarms 3x a day. He picked that up and it’s not pleasant. Other than that he’s chill. 

They are funny. Of all the parrots, African Greys are my favorite. I’ve heard them do many cell phone ring tones and crazy stuff. African Greys also don’t seem as needy as other parrots.

2 hours ago, SJ from the Bay said:

My mom has an African gray, he’s funny as hell sometimes and just as annoying the others. Used to live across from a fire station, sounded alarms 3x a day. He picked that up and it’s not pleasant. Other than that he’s chill. 

I can imagine fire alarm going on at 3 AM.

LOL

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

We had 5-6, Blue and Gold, Large green wing McCaw. Military, gray, yellow nape, We would bring them to Maine and our house in Islamorada Fl. in our motorhome. We finally gave  them to Theater of the Sea down there. Heres some pics from 3 trs ago

PHOT0110.JPG

PHOT0111.JPG

PHOT0112.JPG

13 mins ago, RAW said:

We had 5-6, Blue and Gold, Large green wing McCaw. Military, gray, yellow nape, We would bring them to Maine and our house in Islamorada Fl. in our motorhome. We finally gave  them to Theater of the Sea down there. Heres some pics from 3 trs ago

PHOT0110.JPG

PHOT0111.JPG

PHOT0112.JPG

Despite the food and the noise and poop, it looks like a good time.