Parrots

Rate this topic

fishhappy

How many of you own parrots? My daughter just got a 30 year old Senegal, Mr Peepers, he is a joy, except for the pooping. She was going to get a cockatoo but it bit me so hard there was blood gushing like a horror movie and it’s a month later and I still have a hole in my index finger. The bird laughed afterward, haha ha ha ha. Besides the bite, I really like the cockatoo, he would open his cage and say “smart bird.”

How have your pet parrot experiences been?

How have they been??

My mother bought a baby yellow naped amazon when I was about 3 or 4.   That bird has hated me as long as I can remember.    I've shed more blood and tears than any child should from a 2k dollar chicken. 

Mom still has that Fing bird, I'm 41 and that bird is still a dick.  

One of many birds I've hated throughout my life

8 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

How have they been??

My mother bought a baby yellow naped amazon when I was about 3 or 4.   That bird has hated me as long as I can remember.    I've shed more blood and tears than any child should from a 2k dollar chicken. 

I encouraged my daughter to get the Senegal because I can take the bite.

1 hour ago, fishhappy said:

How many of you own parrots? My daughter just got a 30 year old Senegal, Mr Peepers, he is a joy, except for the pooping. She was going to get a cockatoo but it bit me so hard there was blood gushing like a horror movie and it’s a month later and I still have a hole in my index finger. The bird laughed afterward, haha ha ha ha. Besides the bite, I really like the cockatoo, he would open his cage and say “smart bird.”

How have your pet parrot experiences been?

I prefer them fried but to each his own. 

Just not a bird guy.

Owls rock though....

Enjoy your bird. 

"A land without memories is a people without liberty" - Robert E. Lee

59 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

How have they been??

That thing is HOW old? Golleeee

1 hour ago, fishhappy said:

I encouraged my daughter to get the Senegal because I can take the bite.

Mom had a moluccan?? Cockatoo.  That bird was actually really nice.    Freakin smart!  Was not a storebought cage that could hold it.  She had it outside one summer and it started poppin bars off the cage. It skewered itself thru the beak and out the nose.  

Tryin to get it off it clamped on my finger. Holy balls! Can those thing bite.  It was like a vise grip!

8 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Mom had a moluccan?? Cockatoo.  That bird was actually really nice.    Freakin smart!  Was not a storebought cage that could hold it.  She had it outside one summer and it started poppin bars off the cage. It skewered itself thru the beak and out the nose.  

Tryin to get it off it clamped on my finger. Holy balls! Can those thing bite.  It was like a vise grip!

9f32b7f1-f261-4a7d-a15f-812323cf53bd_1.0946a86827e70e7e3a6a9b3728c521bb.jpeg

"A land without memories is a people without liberty" - Robert E. Lee

14 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

The Molucans are nice, the Umbrellas are not. I’ve never been bit by a Moluccan. The bird that bit me had a sign on its cafe that said “ I bite, very, very, very hard”

The bird loved me. It would talk to me, go on my hand, and then one day, I’m fighting him to get my finger back. I think he would have bit it off if he could, but I have big fingers and he ran out of juice.