mightyrime

WTB 6/7 REEL for Largemouth

12 posts in this topic

Looking for a couple 6 to 7 sized reels to pair with glass rods for Large Mouth bass fishing.  Dont need anything high end and does not need to be salt friendly.  Not looking to spend more than $100 a reel if possible.

let me know what you got

I have a konic 3.5   Been used but drag is great.  Ah.  Wait.  I have a cabelas watershed.   Ross USA.  New in box.   We had a few for the school.  100.00 wood work.     Machined. Like a ross cim 

0431F7F0-8436-494D-B55E-D4526D8E7195.jpeg

22 hours ago, Jim A. said:

I have a konic 3.5   Been used but drag is great.  Ah.  Wait.  I have a cabelas watershed.   Ross USA.  New in box.   We had a few for the school.  100.00 wood work.     Machined. Like a ross cim 

0431F7F0-8436-494D-B55E-D4526D8E7195.jpeg

i see a 3.0 lamson reel in the photo?  is that for sale?

the 3.5 konic is a bit large for what i am looking for... but thank you.

Where is the ross / which ross reel?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks.  We used them in the school for yrs.   I wish I had bought more.  I have one on my 6 wt for small mouths.  And another on a 7 wt I use for school ie. 
the are a #3.  Which is suppose to be 78.   But. It’s more a 67.   Here’s some pics. With the specs.    Machined. Ross USA made. Sealed drag ,same drag that’s on my evo LT.  

From the web   Extreme angler 
yeah it is the old ross rythem reel i dont personally own one but it is a sweet reel i have been in there and played with is quite a bit. its fully sealed and machined. i would imagine that it they carry parts for it because it is claimed under the lifetime warranty because it is a ross,, 

I have a Watershed #2 and fish it with 6wt line. It is a very nice reel and as mentioned, is most likely made by Ross. Watch for them on sale as they have been as reasonable as $125, if you are vigilant. Watersheds are not in danger of being discontinued and will be a nice addition to the L-Tec rod.  

36677B21-9CE2-4562-AFD4-0D3868B4C427.jpeg

E8F5B92E-A66D-43B3-BAA7-2F461A9CE991.jpeg

Edited by TimS
links

Don’t mean to overload.  But in the process off cleaning out my sons shop. 
there is a new bodhi. Prototype. 56. Sealed drag ,anodized ,cnc 6061 alum.  Have one left.   Purchased these from the fellow next to us at the icast show.  I use one myself 

Best reel ever under 100.00.   He was selling them for 129.  I bought a few for 89.00 last day 

they make a click pawl reel.  This is not it.  This is fully sealed carbon fiber drag 

E75701C2-8C27-44A3-99BB-8BB8CA5A8588.jpeg

BF5D3F60-7DD6-404D-8000-932810149337.jpeg

Sorry Jim... trying to wrap my head around this... let me ask these questions...

Bodhi prototype.. can you let me know the spool size diameter?  price?

Ross model 3 is just going to be too big .. just to confirm you are keeping your model 2 correct?

in the photo you show a lamson hard allox 3.0. is that for sale?

thanks

Thanks.  Yes.  There is a Lamson hard alox.  V.  3.0.  But I can’t get to 100.00 on it.  
best I can do 149.    The reel was used for 4 hrs.    I needed a 3.5.   
the bodhi is 3.5 inches.         I have been using a couple for a couple yrs.   I should have bought a few more.  

Jim i ended up getting another red truck fly reel in 5/6. I really appreciate all the photos you sent.  Maybe i can send you a few flies for your time?