Finster

Pedersen out

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Eagles jettison Dougy Fresh...

If the last game played any part in this it makes tanking all the more worth it...

Please, please, please let Howie go with him 

52 mins ago, gobigblue said:

if he doesn't pull that nonsense with sudfeld he keeps his job, change my mind

He made the right decision to help improve  the franchise and piss off the arch rival.  But the optics weren’t good enough I guess.  Somebody will hire him.

Makes me think the qb change was deliberately staged to look as obvious as possible.  He did it knowing this would be the result and he was good with it.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Odd thing is it appears that Wenz pushed Pederson out.  But the Eagles are trying to hire Riley of Oklahoma, who would seem to favor his college QB Hurtz.

Edited by Steve_in_PA

He was fired because he demanded more power in getting players, hiring coaches and being HEAD COACH.  Jeff Laurie has turned into a closet Jerry Jones, acting in concert with his GM, Howie.  Reports were Peterson wanted more power or out and was relieved to be let go.  He will be a head coach again, right away but Jeff and Howie will continue to damage the Iggs until and writing is really on the way.  JMHO

I do think the quarterback switch had something to do with it in that they told him to do it and he did it in their faces.  As to the Giants, screaming about not making the playoffs with your, what, 6-10 team ? is beyond weak.  And you see how well the Skins *yeah the Skins" did.  Peterson saved the Jints from being embarrassed by a real football team.

2 hours ago, Knight771 said:

He was fired because he demanded more power in getting players, hiring coaches and being HEAD COACH.  Jeff Laurie has turned into a closet Jerry Jones, acting in concert with his GM, Howie.  Reports were Peterson wanted more power or out and was relieved to be let go.  He will be a head coach again, right away but Jeff and Howie will continue to damage the Iggs until and writing is really on the way.  JMHO

I do think the quarterback switch had something to do with it in that they told him to do it and he did it in their faces.  As to the Giants, screaming about not making the playoffs with your, what, 6-10 team ? is beyond weak.  And you see how well the Skins *yeah the Skins" did.  Peterson saved the Jints from being embarrassed by a real football team.

Has there been talk that anyone other than Pedersen has made the call on current coaches? 

If not, Pedersen has no business demanding more hiring power... this team is horribly coached.

Other than that, agree 100% that Howie is the bigger issue.. 2017 was lightning in a bottle for Howie too..

1 min ago, Finster said:

Has there been talk that anyone other than Pedersen has made the call on current coaches? 

It does appear Doug didn't have much say on his staff if any at all.

1 min ago, fishless said:

It does appear Doug didn't have much say on his staff if any at all.

Ok. No longer listen to sports radio, so not up to date on what's being talked about...only found out about the firing because my son texted me lol

I amend my previous post to whoever has been picking coaches sucks at it..

Howie needs to go regardless...

2 mins ago, Finster said:

Ok. No longer listen to sports radio, so not up to date on what's being talked about...only found out about the firing because my son texted me lol

I amend my previous post to whoever has been picking coaches sucks at it..

Howie needs to go regardless...

Last season after the loss to Seattle in his post season presser Doug said everyone on staff is returning.  A day later 2 were fired.  I think everything that resulted in his being let go started from there.  And I think he is relieved to be away from this mess.

So now that the truth is coming out about carson, does everyone still think it was all dougs fault?

Everyone laughed at me when I said Wentz was garbage and my opinion still hasn't changed