Gwiz

Van Staal ??

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, johnysmoke said:

I just picked up a vsx150 bailess, was planning on using with a 9'6 Air Wave Elite, that I already have. 

Not sure if it's going to happen this year but looking forward to attending the fishing expos. Would be nice to check out gear in person, rather than buying stuff online via looking at the specs and guessing. 

Great choice! That's my go to set up, VS150 and 9'6"awe. You're going to love it. Super light set up and it casts a mile. I did run into one fish the 150 couldn't handle last year. First cast at a boulder field. Few cranks in and something hammered my darter. Never hooked into anything that big before, was peeling line so fast I thought I had forgotten to tighten the drag, went to tighten it and it was locked down. Felt the line rub on a rock a few seconds later and lost it. Still haunts me. I'll be picking up a 200/250 or something comparable this year for when I'm fishing boulder fields.

13 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Great choice! That's my go to set up, VS150 and 9'6"awe. You're going to love it. Super light set up and it casts a mile. I did run into one fish the 150 couldn't handle last year. First cast at a boulder field. Few cranks in and something hammered my darter. Never hooked into anything that big before, was peeling line so fast I thought I had forgotten to tighten the drag, went to tighten it and it was locked down. Felt the line rub on a rock a few seconds later and lost it. Still haunts me. I'll be picking up a 200/250 or something comparable this year for when I'm fishing boulder fields.

I wonder what boulder field that is ??? I got my PB there 2 years ago sept new moon !

1 hour ago, shark lobster said:

I wonder what boulder field that is ??? I got my PB there 2 years ago sept new moon !

Ha I'm sure you know the spot. I might try that other spot we talked about for some holdovers this week. This off season has been really tough so far. I'm realizing that fishing was therapeutic for me and I'm really missing it.

I keep checking out the birds every time I drive down QSD, I get excited every time I see them huddled up, but no signs of fish yet. 

I can't wait to try out the new setup, I'll have to get it out for a trial run one of these warm afternoons. 

I picked up a cheap acoustic guitar as an off season distraction, but just not the same as getting out fishing. Even getting out and not catching anything is time well spent. 

I have a vsb100 on a 10’6 tfo and I think it’s perfect....I have a VR50 on a 9 ft tfo and that’s  great too.

my wife uses a VR50 on an 8 ft st croix tidemaster 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, FoliFish said:

Owwnnzzzz!  Owwnnzzz!!

I don't care who own da chiefs I hate it here.....

Some one loves great movies as well!!!!

2 mins ago, Budlightyear said:

Some one loves great movies as well!!!!

One of the greatest!  So Many great lines.

Halloween 1998 (I think).  Me and couple buddies down The Cape.

EB4EB919-0145-4E27-B949-0A5B0B9FA17B.jpeg