Gwiz

Van Staal ??

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

31 mins ago, Gwiz said:

For a 9/10 foot rod would you go with a 150 or 200 ?

I personally use a VSX150 on a 10ft 1-3oz GSB and 9ft legend. balances well on both

8'         vs 100

9'         vs  150

10'       vs  200

11'       vs 250

12-14'  vs 275-300

just what has worked for me. I do also switch my vs 275 to my 10' rainshadow for certain applications. 

If I were to get 1 or the other, I would go 200. The 200 is a bit beefier, higher max drag, higher line capacity, and gets a bit more distance on the cast. I have a 150 on a 9' rod, which I love, but use my 200 most of the time on 10-10'6". 200 would be fine on the 9' as well. 

I've got 2 VSB150's on 9 foot rods for over 10 years and love them.  I've never been spooled, even on 40+ lb bass, and the balance of the combo is perfect.  I used to have them on 10' rods but shortened up as I got older and the rods started to seem heavier.......I first bought the bail less model (can't remember the size) and hated it.  I never could keep from getting wind knots.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

You may want to check that.   I think it was Pure Fishing who bought Van Staal over a year ago.  Pure Fishing also owns Penn.

Bob that is correct , however Pure Fishing has been sold to Sycamore Partners. It is amazing how many fishing companies they now own here in America Peace and Prayers

7 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

I understand that Penn has purchased them Peace and Prayers

5 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Bob that is correct , however Pure Fishing has been sold to Sycamore Partners. 

I don't understand?   Why didn't you just say Sycamore Partners owns Van Staal? :headscratch:

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

I don't understand?   Why didn't you just say Sycamore Partners owns Van Staal? :headscratch:

Pure Fishing Inc., a platform company of the private equity firm Sycamore Partners, has acquired fishing brands Fin-Nor and Van Staal from W.C. Bradley/Zebco Holdings Inc. Financial terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.

The addition of these brands add to Pure Fishing’s dominant offering in the saltwater category, including the premium PENN Fishing brand, one of the most widely respected saltwater fishing equipment brands.

17 hours ago, Budlightyear said:

Who owns the Chiefs?? 

Owwnnzzzz!  Owwnnzzz!!

I don't care who own da chiefs I hate it here.....

21 hours ago, Gwiz said:

For a 9/10 foot rod would you go with a 150 or 200 ?

Tough one with a lot of variables to consider.  Personally, I would go with the 200 as its is the most versatile size IMO...or buy one of each lol

I just picked up a vsx150 bailess, was planning on using with a 9'6 Air Wave Elite, that I already have. 

Not sure if it's going to happen this year but looking forward to attending the fishing expos. Would be nice to check out gear in person, rather than buying stuff online via looking at the specs and guessing.