jettyjmpr

What is going on with van staal?

Rate this topic

107 posts in this topic

My reel has been as a certified service center for 2 months.  Ive called a few times and they are telling me they cant get parts.  Did van staal stop manufacturing parts or is it because of international shipping

Posted (edited) · Report post

Van Staal was sold from Zebco to Pure Fishing. Van Staal doesn’t service their reels. I believe they don’t even have the tooling there anymore.  I don’t know where you sent your reel, but there are multiple service centers.

I would call Rivers End tackle in CT. Ask for Q. That is where I buy my parts. 

Edited by ged

17 mins ago, jettyjmpr said:

My reel has been as a certified service center for 2 months.  Ive called a few times and they are telling me they cant get parts.  Did van staal stop manufacturing parts or is it because of international shipping

Did you happen to use an in state shop to the south?

Made in China.  The supply chain is messed up and they are behind in manufacturing.

The bike industry is going through the same thing now.  Some parts are impossible to get, and many bikes are already sold out and won't be available until 2022.

The consequences of the China plague will be felt for years

5 mins ago, fishless said:

Did you happen to use an in state shop to the south?

Yes....half temped to say screw it send it back to me...let me know when parts are in....dont want a $500 piece of equipment sitting somewhere not in my possession for months

6 mins ago, jettyjmpr said:

Yes....half temped to say screw it send it back to me...let me know when parts are in....dont want a $500 piece of equipment sitting somewhere not in my possession for months

I would get it back ASAP 

When I sent my VR to local service center they had to wait over a month for a replacement line roller. Supply chains as well as shipping seems to be a mess right now.

18 mins ago, Tucker 63 said:

When I sent my VR to local service center they had to wait over a month for a replacement line roller. Supply chains as well as shipping seems to be a mess right now.

Curious what shop?

18 mins ago, Tucker 63 said:

Saltwater in West Islip

That is too bad. I believe that is where VS sent their tooling. 

2 hours ago, jettyjmpr said:

My friend sent his reel to a shop in southern Ocean Cnty and he was getting a similar response last yr.  If yours is in the same shop this is not new.  He pulled his back and sent it out to another shop in NY and got it serviced very quickly. 

17 mins ago, fishless said:

My friend sent his reel to a shop in southern Ocean Cnty and he was getting a similar response last yr.  If yours is in the same shop this is not new.  He pulled his back and sent it out to another shop in NY and got it serviced very quickly. 

I dont mind the shop...theyve serviced my reels before...last winter was 2 weeks...its just pure fishing logistical crap

15 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Tucker, does Saltwaters do a good job on maintenance and repair?

I was happy how the work was done. I was told delay was because of no parts availability for the line roller.