JohnP

Doxing? really?

Rate this topic

110 posts in this topic

1 min ago, The Dude said:

It wasn't about the "doxxing". It was about making Republicans look bad. 

I'm assuming when/if any antifa or BLM types get arrested there won't be any issue about posting the news on SOL.

2 hours ago, Cpalms said:

Wow. But not shocked that

thread was closed. The moderation in the PG forum and other SOL forums has skewed against left leaning members for years.  it’s nothing new. However, It’s just getting worse now as Trump and Trumpism crashes and burns.  

So convinced of the rightiousnees now only to see everything on this forum they held sacred, an entire belief system just blown to bits. Some folks are not doing well at all emotionally. That’s clear. Can’t say you were not warned that Trump and Trumpism wound be embarrassing failure.

Guys,

the Hall of Fame thread was satire on how the ‘Patriot’ behavior in the country has gone horribly wrong. To use one of the most frequent rightie catch phrases, it was ‘butt hurt’ and some of you (in my opinion) just couldn’t handle it. FlybyMe posted the street address of one witness during the impeachment trial and nobody had a problem then. Supposedly it was already on social media and part of the public domain. But it’s a new day and new rules I guess. 

It’s Tims rules and I’m good with that. 

About a month ago Tim gave me ‘points’ for posting a supposedly vulgar meme to the Parking Lot thread. I took this as odd as I’ve seen similar content for years. it took me about 9 seconds to find hundreds of instances of so called vulgar language here and elsewhere on SOL. See search results.

I’m not looking for equal moderation, that’s not gonna happen here, but it gets stupid to witness so called moderation because somebody pissed in your Cheerios. 

F031EBA6-ABDD-42AE-9C7A-87E813DCBC62.jpeg.46bdbc9e9300cd3f02f87d43897d7edb.jpeg

11 mins ago, slowroller said:

It seems odd to me that reposting information that was readily available from news outlets is considered doxxing. 
No home addresses or telephone numbers were posted. If anything it could be considered helping law enforcement identify these criminals, as they did ask for help with doing so. 

I find it completely understandable that the owner of a WEB forum might have issues with a member publishing a political enemies list and including names and other information about those listed.

4 mins ago, JohnP said:

Guys,

the Hall of Fame thread was satire on how the ‘Patriot’ behavior in the country has gone horribly wrong. To use one of the most frequent rightie catch phrases, it was ‘butt hurt’ and some of you (in my opinion) just couldn’t handle it. FlybyMe posted the street address of one witness during the impeachment trial and nobody had a problem then. Supposedly it was already on social media and part of the public domain. But it’s a new day and new rules I guess. 

It’s Tims rules and I’m good with that. 

About a month ago Tim gave me ‘points’ for posting a supposedly vulgar meme to the Parking Lot thread. I took this as odd as I’ve seen similar content for years. it took me about 9 seconds to find hundreds of instances of so called vulgar language here and elsewhere on SOL. See search results.

I’m not looking for equal moderation, that’s not gonna happen here, but it gets stupid to witness so called moderation because somebody pissed in your Cheerios. 

F031EBA6-ABDD-42AE-9C7A-87E813DCBC62.jpeg.46bdbc9e9300cd3f02f87d43897d7edb.jpeg

Thought you quit? 

28 mins ago, nalu22 said:

~

RIF isn't a strong point for you I see, this may shock you, you think about Trump more than most of his supporters; who think about America and our Constitution being shyte-on.

You TDS folks are obsessed with Trump, your mind is that feeble in reality. 

We're obsessed with him?  LOL.  You people worship him.

32 mins ago, slowroller said:

It seems odd to me that reposting information that was readily available from news outlets is considered doxxing. 
No home addresses or telephone numbers were posted. If anything it could be considered helping law enforcement identify these criminals, as they did ask for help with doing so. 

It's not complicated.  Posting news articles isn't doxxing.

18 mins ago, Steve_in_PA said:

I find it completely understandable that the owner of a WEB forum might have issues with a member publishing a political enemies list and including names and other information about those listed.

You mean enemies of the state. You going to ask the FBI to not post names on their most wanted list next? I don’t remember any outrage over photos, personal information and work places being posted when those two lawyers torched a police car this summer. 

4 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

Why?

its douchy to want those criminals caught???

really??? 

The thread is still there Einstein, I'm not hindering whatever good you mistakenly believe John was trying to accomplish - I'm putting an end to using this site to share personal information about people not found guilty of anything. They catch them, try them and find them guilty - go for it. You don't know what doxxing means, pretending you were doxxed because someone posted your last name - a last name the YOU have posted here repeatedly. That's not doxxing, but you started threads and complained about it for months.

4 hours ago, JohnP said:

don’t need to give me points. I’ll close my account. 

Oh no, I'm going to miss you whining in thread after thread about things you didn't report nine months after they happened...even years after they happened. You can't close your account, I have to do it, but I'll take "I'll close my account" as a request for me to do so. If I am mistaken and you would like to be able to participate here even after your LPE, shoot me an email. Be well, John.

TimS

Let’s go to the post office and tear down wanted posters of people guilty of crimes we approve of. 

More lies from Frank. I don't approve of what went down at the Capitol building and have been clear of that since it happened. Let's try to keep things honest for a change :th: 

4 hours ago, Jmat321 said:

I had a disagreement with a right leaning poster on here about religious freedom in relation to the Covid situation.  That poster apparently screen shoted a statement I wrote and posted to social media.  I found it humorous at the time, but that could be considering doxing, no?

Only if he posted your real name and/or address and/or work place and/or business. Anything you post here is indexed by every search engine and available through every search engine. You posted it on social media :read: 

they have been arrested. 

Then they don't need catching like you claimed I was preventing just one page ago :dismay: Holy crap....figure it out, Frank...on page one I'm stopping them from being caught...on page you justify their doxxing because they've already been arrested. It can't be both.

I could give a **** about people posting relevant, on topic news stories in an appropriate DISCUSSION thread - but I won't allow political doxxing of people by angry fringe morons from either "side".

4 hours ago, moonbat said:

So, seriously TimS, please explain your definition of doxxing, because I am about to go through a whole pile of some members post here who seem to have doxxed here as well, only in this case it was libs/dems/progs.

If you think someone was doxxed here, report the post to me, I don't care what party they are from.

3 hours ago, Cpalms said:

why do you think not one of the many many threads containing pictures and videos of the protesters from this summer were closed due to doxxing?

Were their home addresses, real names, businesses, places of employment listed before they were arrested and charged? Correct, they weren't :dismay: