saltfisherman

Money has started to talk

Rate this topic

140 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Companies That Will Suspend Donations

Four companies said they would stop giving to the 147 members of Congress who refused to certify election results.

Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, which provides health insurance to millions of people across the country. During the 2020 election cycle, its PAC gave $10,000 to Tuberville, $1,000 to Marshall, and $500 to Hawley.

Marriott, the hotel company. Its PAC gave $1,000 to Hawley’s campaign and $1,000 to his leadership PAC in 2020.

Commerce Bancshares, the bank holding company best known for operating Commerce Bank. Its PAC gave $2,500 to Marshall in 2020. “At this time, we have suspended all support for officials who have impeded the peaceful transfer of power,” a company spokesperson said in a statement to Popular Information.

Boston Scientific, a medical device company, will suspend all its PAC activity “in light of recent events.”

You consider that money??? I pay more than that combined, a year in property tax.

26 mins ago, Slacker said:

This is without a doubt the lamest tactic in the PG.  

Yeah. Following forum rules is lame. 

1 min ago, Maine Guide said:

Yeah. Following forum rules is lame. 

It's weak and you know it.  Take that OP and add "What do you think of this cut and paste?".  There, forum rules compliance achieved.  

I wouldn't even go that far.  I'd go with "Thoughts?".

10 mins ago, Slacker said:

It's weak and you know it.  Take that OP and add "What do you think of this cut and paste?".  There, forum rules compliance achieved.  

I wouldn't even go that far.  I'd go with "Thoughts?".

Next time I’ll have to include  (?).  It obviously upsets the Maine guide so much. 

28 mins ago, Slacker said:

You want the Citizens United case overturned?

Yes. There was a very narrow group of supporters that were anti Hillary leading up to it. The current situation is much worse, IMO. 

1 min ago, saltfisherman said:

Next time I’ll have to include  (?).  It obviously upsets the Maine guide so much. 

He's selectively upset.  I could pull up other active threads without a (?) and he hasn't said "boo".  Of course a crossing guard can only work one intersection at a time.

1 min ago, Dave588 said:

Yes. There was a very narrow group of supporters that were anti Hillary leading up to it. The current situation is much worse, IMO. 

That works for me.  

43 mins ago, Mokes said:

Shame you support this kind of stuff. Pretty gross.

Not a fan of looting govt buildings.  Don’t care if it’s hippies in Portland or rednecks in DC.

1 hour ago, Surf bomber said:

Don’t worry the 70million trump supporters will spend their money else where .....

I hear that a list is being compiled as we speak...

1 hour ago, saltfisherman said:

Major corporations are now not continuing donations to the 147 republicans that contested the election results. 

Also, PGA will not be playing the PGA at trumps bedminster in 2022. They will announce it after trump is out. 

Trump's going to being declaring bankruptcies quick in the back side of this.   No corporation can hold parties and events at his space now.  Other than his supporters, nobody's going to want to go to his hotels or play at his courses.  His name is mud.

No more foreign countries renting out floors in his hotels just to line his pockets either.  

And all his fault too.  With the tiniest bit of self control, he could have exited with the Trump name/brand elevated...now...not.

18 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

Not a fan of looting govt buildings.  Don’t care if it’s hippies in Portland or rednecks in DC.

Not a fan either but I point out the different treatment. 

20 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

Not a fan of burning down innocent people businesses either. For almost a year. You're dismissed.