DaleG603

What's everyone tying for this years saltwater!?

Rate this topic

86 posts in this topic

Working on hollow flies.  Been trying studying videos, bob pops book went to a class last year in Maine before the Covid set in.   Finally after wasting many prime buck tails I am making progress.

C58AA26F-D3A7-40D4-B96C-CB83F8639308.jpeg

1 hour ago, dannyplug1 said:

Working on hollow flies.  Been trying studying videos, bob pops book went to a class last year in Maine before the Covid set in.   Finally after wasting many prime buck tails I am making progress.

That bottom one is perfect looking! 

8 hours ago, dannyplug1 said:

Thats look great! What size hook?

12 hours ago, dannyplug1 said:

Neat. You are doing really  well.

Cheers

On 2/22/2021 at 8:31 PM, dannyplug1 said:

Don't shy away from fishing some of the ones that you think don't look to good. I seem to only catch big fish on poorly tied/very beat up of hollow fleyes. Those hollows look really good. I am tying a couple with peacock on the top for the first time this year. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is my prototype go-to lure for the year. It's a big 5/0 bendback with a good amount of of lead piled underneath near the hook bend to make sure it goes point up. The body is all kinky fiber with a Jonny King head.

IMG_0526.jpg

Edited by Sngl2th