RiverRaider

Not On The Side of the Angels... Not Patriots

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Title is referencing those who entered the Capital Bldg. with sinister intentions 

Just a group of right wing extremists no better and no worse than the left wing extremists setting up autonomous zones and  throwing frozen water bottles at cops 

Question for discussion 

Why don’t more people simply refuse to choose either side here in the PG 

10 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Title is referencing those who entered the Capital Bldg. with sinister intentions 

Just a group of right wing extremists no better and no worse than the left wing extremists setting up autonomous zones and  throwing frozen water bottles at cops 

Question for discussion 

Aren't the far majority of PGers condeming both Antifa/BLM riots and the riot in the Capitol?

9 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Question for discussion 

seems the capital bldg people were involved in their own shi t

https://video.parler.com/8t/vE/8tvE9XJjPtzd_small.mp4

People with evil intent are just that, people with evil intent. They can associate themselves with a political party, or a group, but the root of their destruction is evil doing. They're just bad news.:howdy:

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

Aren't the far majority of PGers condeming both Antifa/BLM riots and the riot in the Capitol?

To some degree

right wingers want to define all BLM protesters by the actions of the looters. 

they also want to define the terrorists of the capitol invasion by busses of BLM protesters. 

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

not going to click on a deplorable link. 

its not a link to a website.. its a video from palor  ..please i need you to explain it

Posted (edited) · Report post

25 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Question for discussion 

Good post.

The only point I disagree with is comparing the sinister designs of insurrection to the wilding of idiots and drug addicts in the throes of mob rule.

Granted, many that ended up being carried along by the mob into the Capitol building were just idiots without thought of the historical/political context of their acts.

Nevertheless, the attack on the US Capitol of the United States of America by American citizens has an historical context that dwarfs the frozen waters bottles right out of the conversation. 

I can't answer the question about why we can't refuse to choose sides. I suspect it's the nature of the beast of social media. 

I know speaking for myself, I come across much more partisan here than I would if I were having a private conversation on my porch.

Edited by mikez2

4 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

To some degree

right wingers want to define all BLM protesters by the actions of the looters. 
they also want to define the terrorists of the capitol invasion by busses of BLM protesters. 

I want to define ALL protesters, regardless of whether they are BLM, Antifa, Occupy, tiki torch Nazi, or the local union picket line, as ***holes who are blocking traffic, blocking roads, intimidating pedestrians and commerce, and remove them ALL (yes, including the local union picket line) from interfering with the public's ability to freely travel and conduct commerce in a free, comfortable manner.

I want to define ALL looters, rioters, vandalizers, assaulters, fire starters as criminals that will be removed from society, via exile, banishment, work camps, etc.

You want to practice your Right to Peacefully Assemble and Petition the Government?  Great.  Organize, get the permit (usually required, I think?), go to the park or DC, or where it is that "Peacefully Assembling" is generally accepted, don't interfere with travel, commerce, or the general public, and have it.  Great.  Spend your whole life there.  If you're not bothering anyone, then who cares.

2 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I know speaking for myself, I come across much more partisan here than I would if I were having a private conversation on my porch.

I am partisan in the fact that I believe the Democrats have superior policies and better character. But I’m not blindly loyal. I think that’s the problem with republicans right now. They can’t admit any failings or ability to criticize their own. That’s why they resort to bizarre conspiracy theories to justify what they want to believe. 

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

I am partisan in the fact that I believe the Democrats have superior policies and better character..........

Yeah **** that.

See the source image