PSegnatelli

Weedless jigs.

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, Fishjerk said:

Weed less jig heads are used quite extensively for west coast saltwater fishing. Here are a couple manufacturers that make them for west coast fishing.
 

Thanks!! 

These wet my whistle!

 

 

112911-WARBAITS-SM-SEXYDINE.jpg

This one in particular

WJS_Red_Crab_GW_Logo_medium~2.jpg

US-RAW-WG-12.jpg

Edited by PSegnatelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little off topic but not all the way (FW style for SW), I'm going to rig a couple of my bucktails with blades to make them "chatterbait" style.  Anyone ever try that?  

 

Apologies for the slight hijack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skunkoff said:

I'm going to rig a couple of my bucktails with blades to make them "chatterbait" style.  Anyone ever try that? 

I’ve never converted a Bucktail into a bladed jig, but I do fish the ZMan Project Z Chatterbaits in the salt. I use the 1/2, 3/4 and 1oz in white, running a 4” pearl  DieZel Minnow as the trailer. Hang on......
 

 

EFF6D8B2-AF33-4A42-9BE6-50E8D5F88D73.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, codfish said:

:):)

P1120352-New-small (2).jpg

I have one of those!  Forgot about it!

22 mins ago, Inshore said:

I’ve never converted a Bucktail into a bladed jig, but I do fish the ZMan Project Z Chatterbaits in the salt. I use the 1/2, 3/4 and 1oz in white, running a 4” pearl  DieZel Minnow as the trailer. Hang on......
 

 

EFF6D8B2-AF33-4A42-9BE6-50E8D5F88D73.jpeg

Interesting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I’ve thought about the same thing many times recently @PSegnatelli. I agree it would be great, but I think a lot of the salad is floating for stripers. It follows the line down and is heavy enough to get stuck on most weed guards and jig heads. A Texas style rig on a rubber eel would  probably work okay and be super useful, but not those rabbit ear style hook guards.

Edited by Johnsmyname
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike Mendez said:

Corey Sanden of MC Baits also makes large weedless baits designed to pair with Owner Beast and Trokar weedless hooks.

 

mc baits.jpg

Cool:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, codfish said:
20 hours ago, Mike Mendez said:

Corey Sanden of MC Baits also makes large weedless baits designed to pair with Owner Beast and Trokar weedless hooks.

 

mc baits.jpg

If you’re using those Owners twists on Zmans, pop a hole with the hook point first or you’ll never get that twist in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 10:27 PM, Fishjerk said:

Weed less jig heads are used quite extensively for west coast saltwater fishing. Here are a couple manufacturers that make them for west coast fishing.
 

Phenix Baits.  https://phenixbaits.com/


Warbaits. http://www.warbaits.com/

The dude behind warbaits is a good dude 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.