OUT: Good Shoot - IN: Excessive Force ?

Rate this topic

flyangler

7 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Hero cops that stop an armed insurrection of the Capitol building with one shot are by any definition - heros. 

Be careful what you wish for you hypocrite........

Your definition of a hero fits the same description of the police shootings that occurred over the past year.......did you refer to the police then as heroes ?

BTW.........she wasn't armed

You're a despicable human being

1 min ago, flyangler said:

Have you read anything on how many actually entered the Capitol building itself, relative to the overall size of the crowd? There were over 100,000 in attendance, maybe 50,000 outside the Capitol but seemingly a couple or few dozen inside and an even smaller number who penetrated deeper than Emancipation Hall. 

Pelosi will give 60 Minutes the tour of her office and the building tonight after football. I am sure that her words will help with the "unity" thing

I have been preaching on this site since the incident that the very small number (hundreds?) who rioted out of the tens of thousands in an attendance in no way reflect on the masses that were outside.

Now, maybe it was only "dozens" instead of "hundreds," and maybe the rally was "hundreds" of thousands instead of "tens" of thousands, but I try to err on the side of caution, and do believe that my representation of the numbers has been generally correct enough to get the point across honestly.

4 mins ago, sell_fish said:

Be careful what you wish for you hypocrite........

Your definition of a hero fits the same description of the police shootings that occurred over the past year.......did you refer to the police then as heroes ?

BTW.........she wasn't armed

You're a despicable human being

That cop ventilating the MAGA skank saved lives.  If he didn’t shoot and stop the insurrection cold - how many deplorables were coming through that door? Dozens? hundreds? Thousands? Then what?

Colonel Jessup explains it better than I can.

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

Is that legal?  Is that part of his training?

Not a cop or a lawyer but I believe stopping an armed insurrection where 5 people died and 60 cops were injured at the Capital building with one single shot is certainly legal. 

top 10 best shoots all time. 

4 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Not a cop or a lawyer but I believe stopping an armed insurrection where 5 people died and 60 cops were injured at the Capital building with one single shot is certainly legal. 

top 10 best shoots all time. 

You are despicable.

The woman was Vet and a Patriot, caught up in the heat of the moment, who made a series of terrible decisions that cost her her life.

It was a tragedy.

Just now, JoeyZac said:

You are despicable.

The woman was Vet and a Patriot, caught up in the heat of the moment, who made a series of terrible decisions that cost her her life.

It was a tragedy.

you are anti-American.

Yes a tragedy only made more pathetic  by her  being a veteran.  If anybody she should of know better, instead she was the tip of the MAGA insurrectionist spear. She did far more damage to Trumpism than anybody at the riot.

How do you know she was just “caught up in the moment”? Or are you just making up an excuse for her that you don’t allow black guys to use when they get blasted by cops? 

She was not a Patriot.  She was the opposite of a patriot. 

18 mins ago, Cpalms said:

That cop ventilating the MAGA skank saved lives.  If he didn’t shoot and stop the insurrection cold - how many deplorables were coming through that door? Dozens? hundreds? Thousands? Then what?

Colonel Jessup explains it better than I can.

If that were your daughter or sister would you say the same thing ?

You can't handle the truth...... because  your hypocrisy knows no bounds

I’ve watched a couple of different angles of the event and I’m really curious as to why to police in tactical gear on the outside of that door seemed to be doing nothing to prevent the breach of that entrance. Also it does appear that the inside was barricaded. That it got to the point where the shooting occurred seems to me like a massive operational failure by the capital police. Looking at so many other instances of police shootings where the officers claimed they feared for their life and no charges were brought I highly doubt this officer will face criminal charges. If the door was breached and the officers were overwhelmed I could see that using lethal force prevented that from happening. It’s sad this lady got so spun up by lies and propaganda that she thought breaching a secured entrance was a good idea, but this to me is very much a play stupid games, win stupid prizes situation. 

2 mins ago, sell_fish said:

If that were your daughter or sister would you say the same thing ?

You can't handle the truth...... because  your hypocrisy knows no bounds

Please stop with the silly false equivalence.

Do you fell bad for al Queada member’s mother or sister when a Marine blasts their jihadist son or brother?

2 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Please stop with the silly false equivalence.

Do you fell bad for al Queada member’s mother or sister when a Marine blasts their jihadist son or brother?

silly false equivalence ?    hardly...... you are not very smart.......the problem is that you think you are.....

comparing what happened with Babbitt and an al qaeda terrorist isn't even close to being the same.......

try to have an adult conversation.......just try

2 hours ago, DZ said:

A good journalist will ask police what the rules of engagement were.  ROE is the key to any riot/unrest during protests.  I'm thinking ROE was no drawn weapons unless a weapon is drawn on you or fear of bodily harm.  

Question for anyone second guessing the police response: what do you think should have been the response?  Keep in mind any suggestions should have been equally applied to all riots in the past 6 months or so.  Do you draw a red line and shoot anyone passing it?  Do you shoot anyone if they throw a bottle, brick, Molotov cocktail?  Or do you just let the rioters burn off steam by destroying things like was done in most riots of the past 6 months?  I think law enforcement exercised extreme restraint.     

the images suggest pockets of law enforcement accommodative, some showing restraint, and some engaged in very physical confrontation.

that doesn’t sound like a plan, hope we get more info from an investigation