Cheeckakoe

Favorite places for Seafood

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Cheeckakoe said:

Another one still around always a good bet this is the original,  Shark River was its Back Yard 

kleins-building-classic-ot4uyen2hwc1czalyp3bqx23trvznm9zxeofrbngke.jpg

So much better back in the day. Paper plates, plastic utensils.  Fried every kind of fish was Excellent.  Now tried to get fancy.  Get back to the shack days

10 hours ago, hwsmike said:

My hopes are a better phone answering system! 

True one reason I stopped going tried for 30min and gave up. Before COVID When there were lines inside and out someone would walk the line with paper bags taking orders as he went.  why stop what was working???  Social Distancing ??NOT as people stake up at the door for their orders Remember CASH ONLY.  

10 hours ago, jpiercy13 said:

So much better back in the day. Paper plates, plastic utensils.  Fried every kind of fish was Excellent.  Now tried to get fancy.  Get back to the shack days

So true more have closed because they became Fancy NJ lacks good Home Local Seafood places as other States along the Atlantic coast. Is It NJ is influenced by NY.  

You want way over the top Prices fancy waiters table cloths a place to be seen Ignorant Management and rave reviews Than Cuzins Seafood Clam Bar Marlboro NJ is for you along with a average $200 tab for 2 if you stick with the basics. Yes I have been there 2 times against my better judgment.   

cuzin-s-seafood-clam.jpg

25 mins ago, Cheeckakoe said:

True one reason I stopped going tried for 30min and gave up. Before COVID When there were lines inside and out someone would walk the line with paper bags taking orders as he went.  why stop what was working???  Social Distancing ??NOT as people stake up at the door for their orders Remember CASH ONLY.  

Unfortunately Sir, yes, this germ we have lingering has caused them to change that! 
it’s taken me as many as 23 calls, and as little as 3. 
I’ll never forget the time they called initials MS, and 3 of us bumped into one another! :laugh:

3 mins ago, hwsmike said:

Unfortunately Sir, yes, this germ we have lingering has caused them to change that! 
it’s taken me as many as 23 calls, and as little as 3. 
I’ll never forget the time they called initials MS, and 3 of us bumped into one another! :laugh:

3 must have been on a Tuesday 2pm :howdy: You should of used Mr. MS  I always use Doctor :beatin:

21 mins ago, Cheeckakoe said:

You want way over the top Prices fancy waiters table cloths a place to be seen Ignorant Management and rave reviews Than Cuzins Seafood Clam Bar Marlboro NJ is for you along with a average $200 tab for 2 if you stick with the basics. Yes I have been there 2 times against my better judgment.   

cuzin-s-seafood-clam.jpg

Been there once not long after it opened. i don't even remember it really.  There was a jersey housewife and he family at a table as we left. Seems like you have to be from Staten Island and drive a black range rover to eat there.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, Sudsy said:

The Clam Hut - 2 for one special on Sunday night

Lived less than a mile for the Circus until I was 4, some of my earliest memories

Used to take my kids there after the Spring lake Trout Tournament, became tradition

Spent a summer going there because my best friend had the hots for a waitress (with good reason, she was smokin !) He never did make any headway

Da clam hut still there?  Lot of goombas there, too on summer weekends.  Figured Sandy wiped it off the map.

FYI I have gotten bad tasting sea food in Local Markets. Found out the Reason is called Preservatives to increase shelf life. when I ask if the fish has them they look at me Clueless. good signs are Dull - Cloudy Pale looking even that fresh smell 2 example are Scallop's and Filets. I try to buy at the sources Key Port Point Pleasant. Might cost a bit more but worth it, Like Day Boat Dry Scallops/  

9 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Been there once not long after it opened. i don't even remember it really.  There was a jersey housewife and he family at a table as we left. Seems like you have to be from Staten Island and drive a black range rover to eat there.

Marlboro Manalapan Housewife's are not in shortage like I said it is a see and be seen place and yes all transplants from NY  obnoxious and Loud. 

9 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Da clam hut still there?  Lot of goombas there, too on summer weekends.  Figured Sandy wiped it off the map.

Sad to Say PERMINATLY CLOSED :shaky: had many a sunset drinks there good people & friendly. $$ 

323278_432414850126503_1873113870_o.jpg

32 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Since this thread started because I brought up Gaskins in Long Branch (trade you one smoked whiting for 3 fresh whiting) I thought this thread was about favorite places that aren't there anymore

10 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Since this thread started because I brought up Gaskins in Long Branch (trade you one smoked whiting for 3 fresh whiting) I thought this thread was about favorite places that aren't there anymore

True your thread was about places that aren't there anymore----- So I piggy backed with Favorite Places For Seafood in a Separate Post. a Completely different Thread. No disrespect intended :howdy: and this thread as you call it covers them all past and peasant & reviews. :hi5:   

AP Press had an article on Memorial Day wknd 2020, 10 best places for lobster rolls.  Wife and I decided to try them all over the course of the summer.  Best of the bunch we both agreed came from an unassuming place in Ship Bottom, Mystic Meat and Seafood Market.  Hit em in the fall for a less crowded and more enjoyable experience.