Cheeckakoe

Favorite places for Seafood

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Aet there quite a few times...always wondered who Mort was....

There is a Mort Mace who owned a sea food restaurant in Brick having COVID Problems .

11 hours ago, Sudsy said:

The Clam Hut - 2 for one special on Sunday night

Lived less than a mile for the Circus until I was 4, some of my earliest memories

Used to take my kids there after the Spring lake Trout Tournament, became tradition

Spent a summer going there because my best friend had the hots for a waitress (with good reason, she was smokin !) He never did make any headway

Circus was a pit stop for us after a day on the Beach The Softshell Crab was the Best always set inside to may Fly's  out side. There was a Small place down a side street called ????? Mr. Shrimp had Jumbo Gulf Shrimp but when he got known the $$$$$$$$$$$ went up and never went back. And his Cocktail Sauce was Crap. So Simple Catsup Shoprite Horse Radish the best made fresh add Lemon on seafood.

13 hours ago, giacommin said:

I lived in Keyport from 1970 to 1980 so I was a very frequent visitor. I return to NJ 6 - 8 times a year to visit family and friends from 1980 until now......that's 40 years, and the Fishery is my first stop when I arrive. Oh yeah, I bring my fishing tackle with me to fish the Bay and the Hook with my cuz and his buds. 

Sadly for me have not been since last July Tried the call in thing they require dozen times never go them & Left . 

It has gone through a few owners the present one worked at GM as I did. The only issue is naturally the price increases, but at times when flounder  whole Sale got pricy the Flounder got Thinner. I mean Thinner  Lastly the Clam Chowder Sucks My Favorite was the Combo Dinner, 

1 hour ago, Cheeckakoe said:

Sadly for me have not been since last July Tried the call in thing they require dozen times never go them & Left . 

It has gone through a few owners the present one worked at GM as I did. The only issue is naturally the price increases, but at times when flounder  whole Sale got pricy the Flounder got Thinner. I mean Thinner  Lastly the Clam Chowder Sucks My Favorite was the Combo Dinner, 

Hate to hear that. Last time there for me was last 2 weeks of Oct 2019. Was up there to give my sis a hand in South Amboy where I was born/raised. When I wasn't doing that I was fishing daily and/or evenings at the Hook until my L3,4,5 acted up and I had to head south 630 miles. One of my buds lives waterfront very close to the Keyport YC. Haven't talked to him lately, but he has/had an inside track to the owners. 

17 hours ago, Cheeckakoe said:

You are starting to date your self Here are some Long Gone from Hoboken to Belmar Robert  E lee Inn had many Drafts and from Pizza to Shore Dinners was Pissed when it did not get rebuilt Others Lost and one very old   it was hidden on the Bayshore  

Robert-E-Lee-PPC-Front.jpg

I worked here all through high school and a little bit after. 

Many good memories and friends made during that time. 

It was a fun place. 

My understanding after it burned down was they got jammed up with getting permits because of the epa or erosion on the creek side. 

3 hours ago, Kml said:

I worked here all through high school and a little bit after. 

Many good memories and friends made during that time. 

It was a fun place. 

My understanding after it burned down was they got jammed up with getting permits because of the epa or erosion on the creek side. 

Maybe it was a good sign since Sandy would have taken it like the other side of the creek was wiped out. Miss sitting at the bar looking out the huge windows when one day a bit stormy super high tide that had the east jetty underwater everyone watched as a Boat made a short cut and wound up siting on top of the Jetty to slide off and sink all Survived :howdy: I have another double order of Steamers and Pitcher of Beer Please.  

1 hour ago, hwsmike said:

Just an FYI in case you have a hankering for Keyports tasty platters.

they’re closed for renovations, due to reopen mid February...

They sure as hell got the money for renovations! Everytime I'm there its packed. 

28 mins ago, mike07gsxr said:

They sure as hell got the money for renovations! Everytime I'm there its packed. 

My hopes are a better phone answering system! 

Edited by hwsmike