Cheeckakoe

Favorite places for Seafood

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

44 mins ago, robtf said:

This is like a spot burning thread for foodies :D

I can’t post my favorite as it’s already overrun LOL

(plus it’s down in the grand state of south jersey)

Keyport fishery was an epic lunchtime spot back in the day. Friday’s our group from Bell Labs used to take a long lunch there, and eat along the bay. Or if bad weather at the place across the street.

I am no threat to your Favorite I do not venture south of Manasquan these  days, But If U did not know across the Street Cottage Inn-- Sandy took care of it ---Keyport Fishery had big plans to expand But  Politics and $$$$$$$ stopped that Photo is Side parking lot

9836c632b0d8eeb4a8e7375c7f302088.jpg

1 hour ago, wasy said:

My go to for retail is point lobster hands down

if I want a reasonably priced dinner, Pisces at the foot of 37 bridge is always good!

Great and Avoid the Tourist Trap Once 25YO was so so 

safe_image.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sudsy posted this one as being his go to. Anyone else? 

Just :stick: Is the photo on the side the Out Door Buffet  :beers: 

:stick:only in Jersey would this be allowed :wag:

5ff8aaca26bae_LongBranch-GaskinsFishMarket1970s1.jpg.ed5812e84782101f6b9afeba133f76c3.jpg

222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

Although Known as Steak Houses The Portuguese Spanish Restaurants are famously know for  Sea food and Monster portions at Fair Prices.. Many Started Down Neck Newark 60s and many Remain and Spread out South Amboy South River has them. IMO Fernanda's  3 Stands out Best in service Sea food  Before Coved a reservation was hard to get for Dinner. Another of note is Costa Verde Food but not the best Over crowed Noisy. 

74209816_2608551692515658_208980477124542464_o.jpg

2 hours ago, Cheeckakoe said:

I am no threat to your Favorite I do not venture south of Manasquan these  days, But If U did not know across the Street Cottage Inn-- Sandy took care of it ---Keyport Fishery had big plans to expand But  Politics and $$$$$$$ stopped that Photo is Side parking lot

9836c632b0d8eeb4a8e7375c7f302088.jpg

Sad to hear, I haven’t been up that way since way before Sandy

I can't remember the address, but it was in Asbury Park somewhere... Net Lanes Seafood.  Great diner style restaurant and terrific seafood platter.

In 1990 I was an intern for an ad agency doing the NJ Bell Yellow Pages Sand Castle Contest at Belmar.  After the event, the client had left happy and we were packing up.  Our account manager had realized we had $300 budgeted for lunch.  It was intended for our crew and clients, but at that hour (3:30 PM) it was only me, the Account Manager and one of the Account Execs.  We asked someone at the Bed and Breakfast we had been using as an operations base and she pointed us to Net Lanes.

We ordered almost everything on their seafood menu!  I distinctly remember they had the best fried oysters!

Their seafood platter was better than what I had up in Boston in 1987 at No Name Seafood when I was taking a summer course on Visual Communication and Graphic Design at Harvard that year.

Those were the best years of my life!  I had just finished my first tour in the Army in 1987 and returned to my beloved NJ after spending two years on a smoldering rock in the South Pacific, called Hawaii.  (all that time surrounded by water, I never fished)

I wish I knew the address.  Maybe I'll go searching for iNet Lanes next time I am back in NJ.  Might do another Herring expedition before the January ends.

Edited by BillHoo

53 mins ago, BillHoo said:

I can't remember the address, but it was in Asbury Park somewhere... Net Lanes Seafood.  Great diner style restaurant and terrific seafood platter.

We ordered almost everything on their seafood menu!  I distinctly remember they had the best fried oysters!

Their seafood platter was better 

Those were the best years of my life!  I had just finished my first tour in the Army in 1987 

I wish I knew the address.  Maybe I'll go searching for iNet Lanes next time I am back in NJ.  

First as a Navy Vet 1958-62 I thank you for your service Think Hawaii was hot 1 1/2 Years in The Persian Gulf  &Indian Ocean - Suez - Africa makes that a cool Duty. USS Tanner AGS 15. If Net Lanes Seafood was Net Lanes Fisherman My research says it is now Condos ( 1605 Ocean Ave Asbury Park NJ 

and Yes the Old Reviews gave it 5 Stars for Fish Platers- Fried Oysters Sadly It and many Business Left - Closed as Asbury went to Crap and now with a renewal and Failures of Sorts  they think it is the new Miami South Beach with Over Priced Restaurants as The Town is Slums.  Photo was my Ride 2 1/2 Years 

USS_Tanner_AGS-15_big.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

1 hour ago, Cheeckakoe said:

First as a Navy Vet 1958-62 I thank you for your service Think Hawaii was hot 1 1/2 Years in The Persian Gulf  &Indian Ocean - Suez - Africa makes that a cool Duty. USS Tanner AGS 15. If Net Lanes Seafood was Net Lanes Fisherman My research says it is now Condos ( 1605 Ocean Ave Asbury Park NJ 

and Yes the Old Reviews gave it 5 Stars for Fish Platers- Fried Oysters Sadly It and many Business Left - Closed as Asbury went to Crap and now with a renewal and Failures of Sorts  they think it is the new Miami South Beach with Over Priced Restaurants as The Town is Slums.  Photo was my Ride 2 1/2 Years 

USS_Tanner_AGS-15_big.jpg

Thank you for your service as well!

When I came back from Iraq in 2006 oh, I had squirreled away some money from being deployed for a year-and-a-half and I thought I would take it as down payment to buy some shorefront property.

A realtor had showed me a quote fixer upper on the Inland side of the railroad tracks at Asbury Park.

She said that it would be an up-and-coming neighborhood once they built the new condos by the shore, a haunting framework that had been sitting there for maybe a decade or two

I looked at all the other houses in the neighborhood and they were kind of slummy. So I didn't take the chance that this property would suddenly take off.

3 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Anyone Remember these ? But Not these 

`

You are starting to date your self Here are some Long Gone from Hoboken to Belmar Robert  E lee Inn had many Drafts and from Pizza to Shore Dinners was Pissed when it did not get rebuilt Others Lost and one very old   it was hidden on the Bayshore  

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

images.jpg

Robert-E-Lee-PPC-Front.jpg

s-l400.jpg

download (2).jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

On 1/9/2021 at 4:25 PM, Cheeckakoe said:

Before COVID IT  was my place every other week, Even with Fried Cash Only it Changed over the years But kept up a good place for Take out Of Course Prices went up but Portions reamed the same . Good Value. Bad Part have to call in your order from parking lot that is if your call gets in with out a busy tone. Place still gets Hit big time call Early Real Early  The Sign Bottom right says it all 

o.jpg

I lived in Keyport from 1970 to 1980 so I was a very frequent visitor. I return to NJ 6 - 8 times a year to visit family and friends from 1980 until now......that's 40 years, and the Fishery is my first stop when I arrive. Oh yeah, I bring my fishing tackle with me to fish the Bay and the Hook with my cuz and his buds. 

3 hours ago, Cheeckakoe said:

You are starting to date your self Here are some Long Gone from Hoboken to Belmar Robert  E lee Inn had many Drafts and from Pizza to Shore Dinners was Pissed when it did not get rebuilt Others Lost and one very old   it was hidden on the Bayshore  

download.jpg

images.jpg

The Clam Hut - 2 for one special on Sunday night

Lived less than a mile for the Circus until I was 4, some of my earliest memories

Used to take my kids there after the Spring lake Trout Tournament, became tradition

Spent a summer going there because my best friend had the hots for a waitress (with good reason, she was smokin !) He never did make any headway