Cheeckakoe

Favorite places for Seafood

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Fishing Reports got Highjacked so I stared this Topic Maybe a Moderator could move  the off topic ones to here. 

COVID has effect many but some of my Favorites when I Travel South 

18.jpg

fff052497e6479d2f17e33ed1e78a434__united_states_new_jersey_atlantic_county_brigantine_west_brigantine_avenue_1112_crab_shack_seafood_market_restaurant_brigantinehtml.jpg

2 hours ago, Chuck D said:

The Lusty Lobster in Highlands 

Xooo My rating ?  Always passed it by best unsaid/ But Now must call order  day ahead for pick up.  Thanks

lusty-lobster_v4.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

Before COVID IT  was my place every other week, Even with Fried Cash Only it Changed over the years But kept up a good place for Take out Of Course Prices went up but Portions reamed the same . Good Value. Bad Part have to call in your order from parking lot that is if your call gets in with out a busy tone. Place still gets Hit big time call Early Real Early  The Sign Bottom right says it all 

o.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

After a day of getting skunked on a party boat, i like to stop in at American Offshore Fishery in Point Pleasant and tell the folks at home when I get home that I caught it. 

Keyport Fishery (NJ) is legendary, m the market or if you want it , only fried.  

My go to's these days are Shore Fresh in Pt. Boro and Pt. Beach, much better than Spikes which has turned into a tourist trap. Try their scallops, if you don't like them, I'll pay for them but everybody will know your a lyin' no good snake, choose yer poison, broiled or fried. All is good there, its all fresh the beach location is where the boats unload, the Boro location is at the foot of the Lovelandtown Bridge (Bridge Ave. ) bordering Bay Head and Pt. Pleasant Boro. 

BTW, due to the Dems now being in charge, I am limiting my refund offer to only 2 and only on the scallops, this is because we all know that handouts and freeloaders get along too nicely and will undoubtledly abuse the offer. Bottom line, if you like scallops (sea), you'll love this place. Very informal, paper plates and plastic forks, no booze (BYOB in NJ). Atlantic Fishery is trying to mimic them, also good but not there yet.  BTW, its also a fresh fish market, in fact thats there main business.

Couple other gems are Gregorys on Rt. 37 Manchester (on Toms River Border) a little pricier but wonderful food, again market and restaurant, top picks are Chilean Sea Bass and the combo platter. (BYOB)

Lastly, Monte's Fish Fry, Whitesville Rd (off Rt. 70) another similar market/restaurant, everything we have had in the last year has been fresh and delicious.

As for high end jernts, Shipwreck Grill in Brielle is as good as it gets anywhere, I just cringe at $150-200 dinner tabs for 2, special occasion choice.

Posted (edited) · Report post

My go to for retail is point lobster hands down

if I want a reasonably priced dinner, Pisces at the foot of 37 bridge is always good!

Edited by wasy

This is like a spot burning thread for foodies :D

I can’t post my favorite as it’s already overrun LOL

(plus it’s down in the grand state of south jersey)

Keyport fishery was an epic lunchtime spot back in the day. Friday’s our group from Bell Labs used to take a long lunch there, and eat along the bay. Or if bad weather at the place across the street.