TJones

Susquehanna 2021-2022 **In honor of our friend Riverrunner**

24 posts in this topic

Hi All, wanting to keep the Susquehanna threads going in honor of our good friend Ed “Riverrunner” who unfortunately passed in November 2020...

Ed shared so much of his life, family, and passion for the outdoors with us in the past year’s Susquehanna threads... I am sure if he was with us here today he would have started a new bi-annual thread for 2021-2022.

A good number of our regulars here in the freshwater forum enjoy fishing the mighty Susquehanna every year. We have smallmouth, musky, walleye, cats, carp, trout... the Susquehanna watershed has them all! I can commit to keeping this thread going in the coming years, and hope all of you fellow “River rats” will join me!

Let’s keep this tradition going... We all miss you, Ed! Thanks so much for all you have share with us, and contributed to our community in the past! 

43 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Nice TJ, now in honor of RR you need to get out and catch a smb asap.:)

Haha! Yes! Actually got the first slime of the new year earlier this week... Will be posting soon! :-) 

2 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

Well done TJ :th::th: 

A fitting honor for one of the best.

Thank you, Ben.... Absolutely one of the best! :th: 

23 mins ago, TJones said:

Thank you, Ben.... Absolutely one of the best! :th: 

Yeah, I miss being close enough to call the Susky "home" waters, so I've lived vicariously through his reports.

I need to travel north and fish the mighty Susky for smallies.  Can anybody recommend a good float for a Susky rookie, 4-8 miles or so?  Thanks!

RR will surely be missed....One of the good guys.........

21 hours ago, Drumfish420 said:

I need to travel north and fish the mighty Susky for smallies.  Can anybody recommend a good float for a Susky rookie, 4-8 miles or so?  Thanks!

For a susky rookie, I might suggest you look into a float on the Juniata, which is a trib to the Susquehanna... if you need details feel free to send me a PM, will be happy to help! :th:

Excellent move TJ!!!! He was a icon for PA Susky River knowlege and avid in his passion for the outdoors and passing down his knowledge to anyone who asked.

8 mins ago, Jim DE said:

Excellent move TJ!!!! He was a icon for PA Susky River knowlege and avid in his passion for the outdoors and passing down his knowledge to anyone who asked.

He sure was, Jim! personally I learned a lot from RR over the years... and I’m surely not the only one! 

49 mins ago, TJones said:

For a susky rookie, I might suggest you look into a float on the Juniata, which is a trib to the Susquehanna... if you need details feel free to send me a PM, will be happy to help! :th:

Great thanks!

Thanks for doing this TJ, I was thinking about this subject, Ed and the best way to proceed. This was the best way.

I hope to be able to contribute to a report by weeks end, and will make an effort to post a bit more often.  The river up this way is looking good....