jk20a3

2021 Certate SW

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

41 mins ago, ooeric said:

smooth is subjective.  but ive used all the new versions reels and the old.

i have and Z the 10 15 and the 2020 model.

its smooth enough. when comparing all 4 side by side. the smooth feeling isnt that far apart.

one thing for sure. all the saltigas are stiff to start on wind from the sealing. 

it eventually breaks in and starts up easier.

I’ve noticed that with all of mine as well. Do you still use or Z a lot or does it get overshadowed by everything else? I’ve got a ZB and a 2020 saltiga atm so I’m wondering if I would ever use a saltiga Z 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i still pick up my Z as the first thing when its spinning related for its target.  its been through the surf, pier, jetty, party boat, boat, in someones face as self defense.  you rarely get to use a spinner as a hammer.

 

i mean i do have certates 2500R, HD, and had an LT exist, all the catalinas.  but they have their own roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, ooeric said:

i still pick up my Z as the first thing when its spinning related for its target.  its been through the surf, pier, jetty, party boat, boat, in someones face as self defense.  you rarely get to use a spinner as a hammer.

 

i mean i do have certates 2500R, HD, and had an LT exist, all the catalinas.  but they have their own roles.

LMAO I always wondered if a reel was a good self defense option at a jetty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ooeric said:

but you have to admit. some older stuff is built to last.

want to review my beaten to death z4500? 16 years of use.

still runs almost like new.

NO doubt.

Anything Daiwa "Z" can stand the test of time.

 

I think I've reviewed too much daiwa stuff.....I have 6 more in the works.....gotta branch out lol

(As I type this someone Just dm'ed me the new Emeraldas and Luvias Air)

New Lexas

New Zillion 2021 JDM

New Zillion 2021 US market

Finally gonna do the certate teardown right (instead of in a hotel at the bassmaster classic)

I have a few RORO bfs spools the company sent and I want to see if I can throw 1/64 with it.  And  I have to test the new booster spool in the Limited edition steez vs the standard sv spool

 

I haven't even touched the new twinpower, vanford or metanium.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, scoobydoo said:

NO doubt.

Anything Daiwa "Z" can stand the test of time.

 

I think I've reviewed too much daiwa stuff.....I have 6 more in the works.....gotta branch out lol

(As I type this someone Just dm'ed me the new Emeraldas and Luvias Air)

New Lexas

New Zillion 2021 JDM

New Zillion 2021 US market

Finally gonna do the certate teardown right (instead of in a hotel at the bassmaster classic)

I have a few RORO bfs spools the company sent and I want to see if I can throw 1/64 with it.  And  I have to test the new booster spool in the Limited edition steez vs the standard sv spool

 

I haven't even touched the new twinpower, vanford or metanium.........

Any idea what that luvias airity is?? It just looks like a exist body Luvias. 
 

I found them on plat but the price is too close to exist to even to consider lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

NO doubt.

Anything Daiwa "Z" can stand the test of time.

 

I think I've reviewed too much daiwa stuff.....I have 6 more in the works.....gotta branch out lol

(As I type this someone Just dm'ed me the new Emeraldas and Luvias Air)

New Lexas

New Zillion 2021 JDM

New Zillion 2021 US market

Finally gonna do the certate teardown right (instead of in a hotel at the bassmaster classic)

I have a few RORO bfs spools the company sent and I want to see if I can throw 1/64 with it.  And  I have to test the new booster spool in the Limited edition steez vs the standard sv spool

 

I haven't even touched the new twinpower, vanford or metanium.........

the new Luvia Airity looks nice, i might get one.  the all Zaion exterior @TheReelLuke makes senses for SW stuff.  The Emeraldas has always been weird one, built for squids and octopus..  some like it just cause of the green accents.   

 

but id look at the price point, because the all zaion construction.  the smaller sizes overlap each other with the Luvias. hint hint.

maybe itll be a good value.

 

Unfortunately team shimano really hasnt kept their game up. 

They havent really had much real innovations like 10 years.

Nor has any other brands sadly.

 

the newer baitcasters seem weird to me. the concept of a double bearing pinion just to increase pinion life is odd.

the spool pins will still chew at the + engagement point regardless over time.

 

but i guess its still better then the plastic pinion support pins.

 

My next reel would be a Tournament LBD i have used a lever brake in a while.

Its a Saltiga with a lever brake in lehman terms.

Its definitely not something that people use here as most dont understand the word finesse.

Edited by ooeric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, ooeric said:

the newer baitcasters seem weird to me. the concept of a double bearing pinion just to increase pinion life is odd.

the spool pins will still chew at the + engagement point regardless over time.

hmmmm. I dont think it's just to increase the life of the pinion; I'd offer reduced friction when casting as a real benefit.

One you as a caster would notice:

The ID of the pionion is larger than the OD of the spool shaft, the pionion does not touch the shaft. Ever.

Acheives the same effect as bearings inside the spool (ABU or Penn) or the pinion running on its own shaft like in the Daiwa Millionaires and Sealine X-SHA's and completely disengaging from the spool.

BUT with the benefit of a better supported pinion when under load.

The design is not limited to baitcasters - Daiwa and Shimano both use the double supported pinion on their top-tier round conventionals (Saltiga and Trinidad A) and they are super fast for it's inclusion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, ZAFisher said:

hmmmm. I dont think it's just to increase the life of the pinion; I'd offer reduced friction when casting as a real benefit.

One you as a caster would notice:

The ID of the pionion is larger than the OD of the spool shaft, the pionion does not touch the shaft. Ever.

Acheives the same effect as bearings inside the spool (ABU or Penn) or the pinion running on its own shaft like in the Daiwa Millionaires and Sealine X-SHA's and completely disengaging from the spool.

BUT with the benefit of a better supported pinion when under load.

The design is not limited to baitcasters - Daiwa and Shimano both use the double supported pinion on their top-tier round conventionals (Saltiga and Trinidad A) and they are super fast for it's inclusion.

 

the problem is that most of the daiwas baitcasters out there now. dont have shafts that extend into the gearplate.

most of them stop right at the pinion side.  so casting these T Wing reels arent a problem.

they all cast well with light oil in the spool bearings.  MUCH better that conventionally designed disengaging levelwind reels.

 

but i guess its a welcome inclusion end of the day.

itll make the higher tier models last years to come.

as it takes off any flex and wobble thatll chew out the pinions or main gear.

an improvement is better than none.  :beers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ooeric said:

the new Luvia Airity looks nice, i might get one.  the all Zaion exterior @TheReelLuke makes senses for SW stuff.  The Emeraldas has always been weird one, built for squids and octopus..  some like it just cause of the green accents.   

 

but id look at the price point, because the all zaion construction.  the smaller sizes overlap each other with the Luvias. hint hint.

maybe itll be a good value.

 

Unfortunately team shimano really hasnt kept their game up. 

They havent really had much real innovations like 10 years.

Nor has any other brands sadly.

 

the newer baitcasters seem weird to me. the concept of a double bearing pinion just to increase pinion life is odd.

the spool pins will still chew at the + engagement point regardless over time.

 

but i guess its still better then the plastic pinion support pins.

 

My next reel would be a Tournament LBD i have used a lever brake in a while.

Its a Saltiga with a lever brake in lehman terms.

Its definitely not something that people use here as most dont understand the word finesse.

I totally agree about the shimano thing. all they've done with the spinners in the last 10 years is add seals and make the spool taller lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheReelLuke said:

Are the saltiga zs really that good? I’ve heard they’re bulletproof and easy to service but are they smooth and is the drag good in your experience?

ive yet to see one in person

I don’t think the “blast” model is as good as the old Saltiga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an old Z4500 I got on here in near mint condition, unfortunately I sold it and still regret it. It was the best of both worlds, easy service access, sealed, solid body, no magseal, strong gears, etc. You could fish it in the surf one day then use it nearshore the next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/9/2021 at 10:36 AM, scoobydoo said:

Will Daiwa service it?

They won't service the other JDM products they brought over here.

 

If it says hyper anywhere on the box....I won't even consiser it.

 

Edited by Shipwreck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 11:11 AM, kuro said:

All of daiwa new high end reel are missing 6k size like the certate lt or exist only go up to 5k.

That's the niche in my lineup  that needs filling as well. I have the CertateLT 5K and the Saltiga 14Kxh...need that in between reel on a 10'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.