PeteA

Where is my reel! %#$%@!!!!!

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

So to be clear, the postal rates have increased faster than the rate of inflation, mailing a letter across the country or to Oahu is .55. I can see how the .55 would drain someone's wallet.

Or mailing a small package for around $8.00, when UPS and Fed Ex can do it for much more.

The pension liabilities, USPS has to pre-fund theirs 70 years in advance. No other business or government entity is mandated to do that. Hell, USPS won't be here 70 years from now.

So how did that become law?

USPS does not charge a fuel surcharge to come to your house.

I go buy groceries, and each time I go everything has gone up in price. I buy gas, and it has been going up daily. I've been going to bars since I was 18, beer was a quarter back then. Now it's about $5.00.

Everything continues to increase in price. Somethings I now refuse to buy. People have chosen to do the same with the USPS.I'd be the first one to agree that the USPS is poorly run from the top down. Everything that has been done to save money has ended up costing more, and killing the service. The packets from China could be a cash cow if the rates were increased. So many delivered each day.

UPS needs cash they can sell stock, USPS doesn't have that option They need to go the rate commission with hat in hand begging for a penny increase. Can't speak for FedEx.

Neither UPS or Fed Ex go to every house in the US. USPS does. They haven't a choice. They have to provide universal service to every citizen.  USPS has the highest approval rating of any government outfit. What other business or service still comes to each and every house daily?

As far as providing service, when I fist came in, we had around 650 letter carriers. Now we have about 450. Yet towns and cities continue to grow, routes have gotten longer. Less people more work. My own route was adjusted to deliver an average 26 parcels a day. Most days now I deliver well over 100, while my delivery stops have increased to 589 stops.

Interestingly, I still have the same number of supervisors to oversee less employees.

Last month heavy snow storm shut the area down. UPS closed that day, we delivered probably 90% of all our deliveries. Mail and packages. We were the only idiots out there. FedEx wasn't nor were snowplows until later.

We still get the job done, no matter how badly it may seem to some of you. Billions of pieces moved each day. Is it perfect? Nope.

But please feel free to show me one business that is.

And the bigger question is...Did PeteA get his reel?

I was always amazed and proud of the usps.  Getting a letter across the country for less then a dollar in a few days.   Never had much issues until this past fall when everything seems to have broken down which I take it is due to crazy amount of volume.   The people who work there are still great,  my mail carriers clearly are busting ass.  

Hope they get to expand and adapt as usps is still the best bang for the buck

As long as you have a tracking number and the box can be physically located - you’ll eventually receive it, even if the package routes thru Arkansas to get from Philly to Long Island ..and on a brighter note it’s Winter now on Long Island - and when you do receive the newly serviced reel by March - that will likely work as good as new - you’ll still wanna get out there as bad if not worse than you do now...and the water temps will be beginning to ramp in our favor by then.

Hang in there!

As long as you have a tracking number and the box can be physically located - you’ll eventually receive it, even if the package routes thru Arkansas to get from Philly to Long Island ..and on a brighter note it’s Winter now on Long Island - and when you do receive the newly serviced reel by March - that will likely work as good as new - you’ll still wanna get out there as bad if not worse than you do now...and the water temps will be beginning to ramp in our favor by then.

Hang in there!

Hang in there!

Our long term carrier retired last year and was great. After she left we had a few idiots that delivered 3 days a week , didn’t matter if we had outgoing mail, they just blew by with no intention of stopping . Our current carrier gets to us 5 days a week on average, still one fly by per week but it’s definitely better. 

@PeteA

I had the same problem with a package at the same Philly dist center, from around the same time. Finally came weeks late. 

Friend at USPS says it’s crazy there right now since the September/October changes. (It was in the news - pick your own trusted news source.)

Seems like they’re cut off from OT and if their shift time goes over, they’re not getting paid at all for time worked past the shift end - at least that’s what I’ve heard. 

This is my latest experience with USPS

I ordered reel from Midway USA

Here is a tracking log.

Now reel arrived in my destination on 01/14 and then it was send somewhere else and then it came back to my destination today to be delivered this afternoon.

DateLocationActivity

01/19/2021 4:46 P.M. Oyster Bay, NY, United StatesPackage delivered by post office

01/19/2021 8:20 A.M. Oyster Bay, NY, United StatesPackage out for post office delivery

01/19/2021 8:09 A.M. Oyster Bay, NY, United StatesReceived by the post office

01/19/2021 6:29 A.M. Oyster Bay, NY, United StatesAccepted by post office

01/17/2021 12:57 A.M. Melville, NY, United StatesPackage processed by post office

01/17/2021 12:51 A.M. Melville, NY, United StatesPackage processed by post office

01/16/2021 10:25 P.M. Melville, NY, United StatesPackage processed by post office

01/16/2021 10:24 P.M. Melville, NY, United StatesPackage processed by post office

01/16/2021 7:31 P.M. Melville, NY, United StatesPackage processed by post office

01/15/2021 9:08 A.M. Islip, NY, United StatesPackage routed to wrong post office. Package will be transferred to correct post office for delivery.

01/15/2021 9:07 A.M. Islip, NY, United StatesReceived by the post office

01/15/2021 9:00 A.M. Islip, NY, United StatesReceived by the post office

01/14/2021 5:47 A.M. Oyster Bay, NY, United StatesShipment Acceptance at Post Office

01/13/2021 1:59 P.M. Edgewood, NY, United StatesPackage departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for induction

01/13/2021 12:07 P.M. Edgewood, NY, United StatesPackage received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

01/12/2021 3:54 A.M. Kansas City, MO, United StatesPackage transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

01/12/2021 1:41 A.M. Kansas City, MO, United StatesPackage processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility

01/11/2021 10:42 P.M. Kansas City, MO, United StatesPackage received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

01/11/2021 6:53 P.M. Columbia, MO, United StatesShipment tendered to UPS Mail Innovations