Where is my reel! %#$%@!!!!!

Rate this topic

PeteA

I am fully sympathetic to how messed up USPS has been since the second week in DEC. I have one package MIA innWilmington since 12/24, one from SC MIA in Miami, and one MIA in Mobil AL. 

I cornered our mailman yesterday and his explanation was they laid off all their seasonal help an their workload and volume has increased. I asked about all the misrouting and he said if Wilmington is overloaded and say Atlanta or Miami says they are able to assist and sort they truck volumes of  unsorted mail to those distribution centers to sort and then truck them back sorted. Problem is they are not familiar with other distribution center processes and it’s just adding to the list and delayed USPS mail issues. 

I would not send a postcard right now with USPS and have not ordered from online sources who only use them since Christmas. They are a disaster and with a administration change coming I don’t see it getting any better for awhile. 

It will get there. They’re just ridiculously backed up. Unprecedented amount of shipments this year, combined with the covid side effects crushed them. Ups and FedEx were somewhat able to adapt, however USPS struggled big time. I had a package sit in PA for a month before it was delivered. 

1 hour ago, JTR said:

It will get there. They’re just ridiculously backed up. Unprecedented amount of shipments this year, combined with the covid side effects crushed them. Ups and FedEx were somewhat able to adapt, however USPS struggled big time. I had a package sit in PA for a month before it was delivered. 

They just may make it eventually but medications ordered on 90 day auto refill being lost or delayed puts a whole different urgency to this scenario. Reorders online or worse emergency refills at local pharmacies while waiting out a obvious screw up can put additional financial burdens and if a senior can cause donut hole calculations errors as well. We are not a third world country and our postal system cannot perform like one.

Not receiving a fishing, hunting or item of clothing is annoying but medical supplies? Intolerable!!! As a lifetime manager any problem can be managed away ... this one has not been. Someone made a bad decision and we are all living with their incompetence!

On 1/8/2021 at 10:27 AM, PeteA said:

Just getting back into surfcasting and on a shoe string budget. Recently moved to Long Island. Dug out a bunch of good but older equipment I had. Sent my Penn 550SSG back to Penn for service on 12/19 USPS. What could go wrong...right. Well as of 1/8 it still has not gotten there yet! Last ping it's was in a Philly Distribution Center and in route to the next facility. I could have walked to Penn in PA by now. I keep getting txts that it's in transit and will arrive late. No s#$%! Hope it makes it I'm pushing 3 weeks now!  

I hope you got your reel like yesterday .

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

Hope you get it soon.

I had a parcel from 150 miles away in PA. 1st one tracked for a month then stopped. Got a refund & reordered 12/28. It was out for delivery from Philly for 2 days (I can almost see the center from my home) then they sent it to Rochester, NY. Got it today. 150 miles- 11days.

UPDATE!!!! My reel made it to Penn today. I have to give a shout out to Will one of the techs in the repair department there. He's been beyond great! He must have followed up 3-4 times by email to check in on the status of delivery. 

Now, I only hope it doesn't take another 4 weeks to ship back once it's repaired! 

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 11.27.41 AM.png

On 1/8/2021 at 3:43 PM, SeaZen 21 said:

I ordered a rod from a shop about 40 miles away from my house. It was “accepted” by usps 19 days ago and hasn’t budged since. 

Finally got my rod yesterday

Mine never left the original post office, ie no around the country routing. Just sat there until they finally shipped it, then it only took a day to receive

7 hours ago, PeteA said:

Now, I only hope it doesn't take another 4 weeks to ship back once it's repaired! 

Why the rush?

Like there is a still hot bite at Moriches?

:p

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

1 min ago, mr127 said:

Sent my reel to Penn about a week earlier than OP. Just spoke to rep, and it’s on the way back to me today. Little more than a month turnaround. Not bad considering USPS being crushed and holidays mixed in.

Yeah, my reel is on the way back as well. Penn preformed the service and got it back in the mail within a day! 4 weeks in the mail to get there. 1 day at Penn for service! Wonder how long it will take to get back to NY. 

2 mins ago, LB said:

I'm waiting for items, lets see how this goes it getting worse week by week. Same BS day after day your package is moving in or system from one corner of the building to the other.

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (57).png

As per USPS the good news is as long as there is a scan it's not lost. It's still moving through the system. Hang in there it will make it.