PeteA

Where is my reel! %#$%@!!!!!

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Italianbuca said:

why yes it was. I'm assuming I'm going to get a notice crediting my money back at some point haha. 

I ordered the same rod and got it reasonably quickly. I guess I ordered early enough. You are like the third person I’ve heard on here complain about the slow service, hoping Penn gets it ironed out. Seems like a common problem right now. 

5 hours ago, PeteA said:

Just getting back into surfcasting and on a shoe string budget. Recently moved to Long Island. Dug out a bunch of good but older equipment I had. Sent my Penn 550SSG back to Penn for service on 12/19 USPS. What could go wrong...right. Well as of 1/8 it still has not gotten there yet! Last ping it's was in a Philly Distribution Center and in route to the next facility. I could have walked to Penn in PA by now. I keep getting txts that it's in transit and will arrive late. No s#$%! Hope it makes it I'm pushing 3 weeks now!  

My vr150 has been at fishermans headquarters for 2 months....parts unavailable....no end in sight

The problem with USPS right now is less about the pandemic and more about Trump's new USPS Board of Governors who installed a new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy (a long time Trump financial supporter).  DeJoy shut down a bunch of sorting centers to reduce the size of government. Those localized sorting centers is what kept everything flowing and their loss instantly threw the entire system into chaos.  Everything is backed up and USPS moral is in the toilet.

Biden has to first appoint a new USPS Board of Governors so they can, in turn, select a new Postmaster General.  Then the Postmaster General has to rebuild the system.  There should be some progress and relief in the first year but it will take quite a while to get everything back to normal.

I sent a "Priority" box from Honolulu to the Big Island of Hawaii.  It went to California and got stuck there for a week before being sent back across the ocean to the Big Island.

-steve

Where is my reel! %#$%@!!!!!

It must be there.

Try to find it

5 hours ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Supposedly this is what USPS is dealing with right now...

Screenshot_20201222-150521_Reddit.jpg

5 hours ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Supposedly this is what USPS is dealing with right now...

Screenshot_20201222-150521_Reddit.jpg

It wouldn't look like that if their employees & management actually gave a S#&t about their jobs.

Not funny losing items sent or purchased, Ordered 2 pairs of breathable UV fishing pants, full length, rec. 2 pair of shorts, wrong size, beer can openers, wrong. Returned them to Bass Pro shops , was told refund in route, now 6 weeks, Credit card company cannot refund as online order? So wait. This will make you think twice about what you mail. Sent gift cards to grandson 10 days before Xmas, Priority ., The envelope was lost in a Ct. bulk mail facility , 2 days before Xmas I called Amazon and provided info on 2 cards. Card were locked. A temporary person who worked at the USPS bulk center went to Dicks Xmas day to buy merchandise, the cards could not be cashed, He said they were gifts to him. Store has camera of individual and police are investigating individual. USPS does not insure gift cards!. So pkgs. that look important can disappear, envelope or box they find but NEVER the contents. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is why the USPS should fail.

From the top down. Its run by idiots.

Lack of common sense idiots. 

Money sucking corrupt people.

I see more local Amazon trucks then post office trucks everyday.  At least a 10 to 1 ratio.  Delivering stuff on time. Almost every time.

But wait a minute. Usps is a government entity...   ahh lightbulb moment.  1+1. Its run by a failing administration.  Makes sense now.

Edited by ooeric

I bought a small item from California back in September 3, 2020 and I finally got it December 28,2020. The route was California to Arizona to Mississippi to Ohio to Georgia to Virginia to New Jersey to Pennsylvania to New Jersey to New York. 3 months I waited because useless USPS cannot find my address in their system. I call USPS customer service and the woman has a southern accent so hard to understand.:confused:

Even worst was I bought another package that was sent from New Jersey back in November 6 that went to most of New Jersey's sorting facilities and make it to me on January 4. I think some of the USPS sorting machines need to be replaced. :idea:

Guys, its only going to get worse.

Amazon hooked all y'all in with Prime shipping and next day delivery.

Then they yanked the carpet using covid as an excuse.  And the mom and pop you butt ****ed cause you save 4% and it was there the next day?  Yeah they are gone now so you cant get yer YoGammaZuris from them either.