PeteA

Where is my reel! %#$%@!!!!!

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

Just getting back into surfcasting and on a shoe string budget. Recently moved to Long Island. Dug out a bunch of good but older equipment I had. Sent my Penn 550SSG back to Penn for service on 12/19 USPS. What could go wrong...right. Well as of 1/8 it still has not gotten there yet! Last ping it's was in a Philly Distribution Center and in route to the next facility. I could have walked to Penn in PA by now. I keep getting txts that it's in transit and will arrive late. No s#$%! Hope it makes it I'm pushing 3 weeks now!  

USPS has been a **** show lately. It usually is during the holidays, but they're also short staffed. I sent a package to someone else in NY, and for some reason it had to go to Louisiana first lol. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, C.Robin said:

USPS has been a **** show lately. It usually is during the holidays, but they're also short staffed. I sent a package to someone else in NY, and for some reason it had to go to Louisiana first lol. 

Yeah, One ping from 12/25 had it in Missouri! It can get to Missouri but not to the destination in PA! 

Edited by PeteA

Posted (edited) · Report post

USPS, that says it all. Between the usual holiday season rush, and now with the Covid protocols and other government issues.... they were bad before but now they are so much worse. Obviously understandable that they have issues they are dealing with, as are all business and ourselves, but it has been ridiculous. 

and since you mention Penn, I ordered a new rod from them during a black friday special they had running, it is still "processing" they have been moving at a turtles pace as well themselves. 

Edited by Italianbuca

You can blame Amazon for that.  Also, USPS was probably short staffed due to pandemic.  Online shopping was probably at a all time high this past season due to lack of local stores and quarantine.  I ordered a new SIM card for my phone from T-Mobile back in early December, i got it yesterday.  Mean while i probably should have walked to the T-Mobile store a few blocks away to get it.  Yes im lazy like that.

I ordered a dvd from ebay 12-18 due 12-24 then 12-30- then 1-6 and now who knows. Package from Mass to South Jersey, the wife ordered pair of shoes from Boston which came 3 days USPS Priority Mail.

A friend was shipped a package from California to her home in Hawaii on the Big Island. The route was CA to Vegas to Newark to CA to freaking GUAM to CA to Honolulu to Kona. 4 weeks for one “ if it fits it ships”  box!!!!  COVID or short handed doesn’t matter one bit with that itinerary. 

1 min ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Supposedly this is what USPS is dealing with right now...

Screenshot_20201222-150521_Reddit.jpg

I think I see my package!!!!!! 

2 hours ago, Italianbuca said:

USPS, that says it all. Between the usual holiday season rush, and now with the Covid protocols and other government issues.... they were bad before but now they are so much worse. Obviously understandable that they have issues they are dealing with, as are all business and ourselves, but it has been ridiculous. 

and since you mention Penn, I ordered a new rod from them during a black friday special they had running, it is still "processing" they have been moving at a turtles pace as well themselves. 

Was it the Battalion 10’ Casting?

2 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

Was it the Battalion 10’ Casting?

why yes it was. I'm assuming I'm going to get a notice crediting my money back at some point haha.