ErikT

LETS GO! Lindor and Carrasco are now METS!

Rate this topic

120 posts in this topic

Ill go one more post. I hate the Yankees. If they played isis, I’d root for isis hate... degrom has Andy Pettite toughness (respect), combined with elite stuff. Amazing to watch.

deGrom has a good chance of striking out at least 14 batters again, tomorrow night. While the Sox do have some punch on the top half of their line up, their final 4 hitters are strike outs waiting to happen. Even if deGrom doesn't have his A game with him, he should have about an 85 to 90 percent strike out rate with those four hitters...and if he's on, strike outs will be the only thing in the box score for those 4 guys (which means 12 strike outs between them). Devers is the only hitter in the line up who I feel confident will definitely put his bat on the ball at some point tomorrow night (not saying deGrom is going to strike out everyone besides Devers or that Devers will hit the ball every at bat...but Devers is the only guy who I'm confident won't have a 3 or 4 strike out night)

1 hour ago, Lagerhead said:

Are we seeing the continuation of the long list of overpaid free agents?

Curse of the Mets. Name one FA Met that exceeded or even lived up to expectations. I bet you can't.  

37 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Curse of the Mets. Name one FA Met that exceeded or even lived up to expectations. I bet you can't.  

He is a huge asset defensively though. His offense will come around. (I hope :o)

36 mins ago, ErikT said:

Francisco Bay

LOL.  All fairness, not likely.  I think he'll be OK but i doubt he'll be a Met for all of the next 10.  NY media hypes up a lot of good players that don't quite deserve it and then then don't live up to expectations because, NY. That's Lindor.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Radio heads say he’s a seasonal slow starter.

I remember being in the 4th row at Shea near 1st base and heard the boos rain down when Piazza was walking back to the dugout after running out another grounder.

This was early in his Mets tenure.

Edited by Lagerhead

3 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

Radio heads say he’s a seasonal slow starter.

I remember being in the 4th row at Shea near 1st base and heard the boos rain down when Piazza was walking back to the dugout after running out another grounder.

Undeservedly one of the most beloved Mets who left behind their most productive days.

Edited by Fly By Nite

4 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

Taijuan walker

Pedro

Bartolo

Beltran except for when he whiffed vs the cards was a great player

Edited by gobigblue

1 hour ago, gobigblue said:

Chili needs to be fired.  Like tonight right after this game ends.

Their approach with men on sucks. No one goes with the pitch :shrug:

It's amazing to me howmuch money these guys make for striking out every time.  We can all strike out up there... They are really pathetic. I agree, Chili unfortunately needs to go.  Can't fire the players and someone needs to feel the pain. 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2021 at 6:51 PM, albacized said:

deGrom has a good chance of striking out at least 14 batters again, tomorrow night. While the Sox do have some punch on the top half of their line up, their final 4 hitters are strike outs waiting to happen. Even if deGrom doesn't have his A game with him, he should have about an 85 to 90 percent strike out rate with those four hitters...and if he's on, strike outs will be the only thing in the box score for those 4 guys (which means 12 strike outs between them). Devers is the only hitter in the line up who I feel confident will definitely put his bat on the ball at some point tomorrow night (not saying deGrom is going to strike out everyone besides Devers or that Devers will hit the ball every at bat...but Devers is the only guy who I'm confident won't have a 3 or 4 strike out night)

Tough way to take an "L"  6 innings 3H 1ER 9K

Heard the Red Sox broadcast guys say he has more RBIs than run allowed.

0.51 ERA, the guy is best pitcher in the game right now.

Actually the best at bat was put on by the Sox starting pitcher that made him throw 10 pitches to earn one of his Ks last night. 

18 hours ago, gobigblue said:

Taijuan walker

Pedro

Bartolo

Beltran except for when he whiffed vs the cards was a great player

This is great. The only one i took seriously was Pedro. And his avg era over the course of his Mets career was higher than any single season with a different team. Curse of the Mets.