ErikT

LETS GO! Lindor and Carrasco are now METS!

Rate this topic

215 posts in this topic

Didn't like giving up Giminez but i guess it's not a bad deal, although history tells us 99% this won't end well for the Mets.  I would have rather sent J Davis to the Indians and kept  the better defender in Giminez. 

FBN, I agree he was a good asset but let's face it, we got a top 10 MLB player.  A switch hitter.  An all-star every year. Up the middle defense was a weakness and it's being addressed.. This is good. besides, we still have our #1 prospect in Ronny Mauricio who is a SS. 

Now let's go ahead and sign DJ anc call it an off-season. :D 

Hell...... Yeah... !!

Posted (edited) · Report post

31 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

history tells us 99% this won't end well for the Mets. 

thats not a true statement at all.  please cite 1 trade similar to this that didnt work out (thats not from 50 years ago)

Edited by gobigblue

23 mins ago, ErikT said:

Hell...... Yeah... !!

Him, George Springer in center, and some bullpen pieces.  I would venture to guess DJ is going to the Dodgers, though.

32 mins ago, gobigblue said:

thats not a true statement at all.  please cite 1 trade similar to this that didnt work out (thats not from 50 years ago)

Two Puerto Ricans from the Indians- Carlos Baerga and Roberto Alomar is about as close as i can get.  I'm a snake-bitten fan.

2 of the worst players we ever had. Lol 

Watch next year Rosario is an all star and Lindor hits 220 with 16 HR’s and has 10 errors.  Lmao 

We are mets fans therefore we suffer. 

2 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

Didn't like giving up Giminez but i guess it's not a bad deal, although history tells us 99% this won't end well for the Mets.  I would have rather sent J Davis to the Indians and kept  the better defender in Giminez. 

As a Yankee fan, I think it's a good trade. Mets farm system was nothing to brag about to begin with. So sending prospects for quality players is a no brainer. It was a salary dump by the Indians and the Mets finally stepped in. Glad to see the second team of the first city try to be competitive. Mets fans deserve to have a quality team on the field and try to compete on yearly basis. It is NYC for crying out loud. Would love to see a third team, like it was years ago, and all were competitive. Now the Mets need to lock up Lindor for the long term. Thinking $30M per for 7 years, but may have to go 8 to get it done. Or $35M per for 6 years. 

Edited by Fishtale7

2 hours ago, ErikT said:

FBN, I agree he was a good asset but let's face it, we got a top 10 MLB player.  A switch hitter.  An all-star every year. Up the middle defense was a weakness and it's being addressed.. This is good. besides, we still have our #1 prospect in Ronny Mauricio who is a SS. 

Hell...... Yeah... !!

So as long as he stays health that’s true .  It’s a great deal 2 roster players and two prospects for Lindor and another arm = P 

The Mets are like the Jets.  They're just going to find a way to get your hopes up high, then dash them brutally on the rocks.

But as a Yankee fan, yeah, if you guys now went out and stole DJ, yeah, that would leave one hell of a mark.

2 hours ago, Fishtale7 said:

As a Yankee fan, I think it's a good trade. Mets farm system was nothing to brag about to begin with. So sending prospects for quality players is a no brainer. It was a salary dump by the Indians and the Mets finally stepped in. Glad to see the second team of the first city try to be competitive. Mets fans deserve to have a quality team on the field and try to compete on yearly basis. It is NYC for crying out loud. Would love to see a third team, like it was years ago, and all were competitive. Now the Mets need to lock up Lindor for the long term. Thinking $30M per for 7 years, but may have to go 8 to get it done. Or $35M per for 6 years. 

he has another year at a bargain rates for the Mets ,he should be the 1st $40 mil per year player Trout 37.7,Cole 36,Schurzer 35 

Uncle Stevie baby...  that’s the difference that makes us “not the same ole Mets”... 

#LFGM 

peace 

9 mins ago, Hook I said:

he has another year at a bargain rates for the Mets ,he should be the 1st $40 mil per year player Trout 37.7,Cole 36,Schurzer 35 

He's good for this year, but he can walk come September when the season is over. Mets would be smart to start negations now. As for $40M, not sure about that. I'm thinking $30M for 7 or $35M for 6. Both of those are $210M for the duration.  He'll be 28 at the end of the season. In 7 years he'll be 35. Wouldn't want that albatross contract for a 35 year old player. Besides, the higher yearly number and 6 years, would let him have one more go at free agency when he's 34 and increase his overall lifetime earnings. Oh, and this years "bargain" rate is $20M.

Edited by Fishtale7