ByronPA

Will the attack bring unity?

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

Yes, a shame someone was shot, more of a shame that so many LEO were injured, even more of a shame that radicals managed to storm the capital building.

But, will it help bring unity? 

I mean, already, mainstream Republicans are going out of their way to get on air and denounce the actions of the terrorists. Other than our current leader, I have yet to hear any Republicans (politicians) at all come out in support of what happened..  How many (politicians) were ready to vote against President Biden this morning? How many will vote against him now?

Of course there will always be the whack job extremists, but I think once the smoke settles this attack on our Country will help bring us all together.. 

And where is Ted Cruz, is he OK?

3 mins ago, ByronPA said:

Yes, a shame someone was shot, more of a shame that so many LEO were injured, even more of a shame that radicals managed to storm the capital building.

I mean, already, mainstream Republicans are going out of their way to get on air and denounce the actions of the terrorists. Other than our current leader, I have yet to hear any Republicans (politicians) at all come out in support of what happened..  How many (politicians) were ready to vote against President Biden this morning? How many will vote against him now?

Of course there will always be the whack job extremists, but I think once the smoke settles this attack on our Country will help bring us all together.. 

I have no interest in coming together with the extremists on either side...

2 mins ago, Slacker said:

Ted Cruz is trying to figure out the best political move for Ted Cruz.

24/7/365 for all of them...

I don't want unity.

We've Antifa/BLM/Occupy/SJW/PC on one side, a lot of people that just want to be left alone to work and live in the middle, and a bunch of bible thumping gun toting very Conservative Americans on the other side.

I just as soon see the two wings go to war, kill one another by the millions, and who ever is left, let them join all the sane people in the middle who just want to work, live, and have some fun.

16 mins ago, ByronPA said:

What's difference from Portland, Seattle, etc. 

Its supposed to be for people, by the people. 

Not china was the highest bidder with most easily bribed party.

Mob rule ...Portland Seattle n y c pelosi Harris Williams screaming don’t stop rioting ....it’s a civil war that spilled into wash d c .....mob rule what do you expect, not right and I don’t AGREE WITH any of it WHY ARENT YOU AND THE REST OF THE dems...start with denouncing ALL OF THE VIOLENCE NOT JUST WHAT YOUR  POLITICAL BELIEFS DICTATE AND YOU MAY START TO UNIFY THID COUNTRY .....the doxxing ? End the c h I t 

3 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

I don't want unity.

We've Antifa/BLM/Occupy/SJW/PC on one side, a lot of people that just want to be left alone to work and live in the middle, and a bunch of bible thumping gun toting very Conservative Americans on the other side.

I just as soon see the two wings go to war, kill one another by the millions, and who ever is left, let them join all the sane people in the middle who just want to work, live, and have some fun.

You must be a treat at cocktail parties. :clown:

8 mins ago, Dave588 said:

What's difference from Portland, Seattle, etc. 

I think the big difference is that my President didn't encourage what happened in Portland, or Seattle, etc.

12 mins ago, Surf bomber said:

Mob rule ...Portland Seattle n y c pelosi Harris Williams screaming don’t stop rioting ....it’s a civil war that spilled into wash d c .....mob rule what do you expect, not right and I don’t AGREE WITH any of it WHY ARENT YOU AND THE REST OF THE dems...start with denouncing ALL OF THE VIOLENCE NOT JUST WHAT YOUR  POLITICAL BELIEFS DICTATE AND YOU MAY START TO UNIFY THID COUNTRY .....the doxxing ? End the c h I t 

Well said

29 mins ago, Slacker said:

Ted Cruz is trying to figure out the best political move for Ted Cruz.

He'll hardly be unique in that.

Trying to appeal, or at least not antagonize, the Trump base, while objecting to an intrusion of the Capitol that prevented a Constitutionally mandated function on a mandated day ... difficult hair to split.

9 mins ago, ByronPA said:

I think the big difference is that my President didn't encourage what happened in Portland, or Seattle, etc.

Uhhhhh actually he did.

17 mins ago, Cpalms said:

You must be a treat at cocktail parties. :clown:

The irony of you posting this is off the charts. Coming form someone celebrating the death of an unarmed teenager. 

I doubt it will lead to true unity. We didn't really have it before trump.

The closest to unity I can think of is right after 9/11 when W Bush gave a couple of speeches that drew the people together. Of course we all had a common enemy to focus on instead of each other. 

I do think this was the death knell for the MAGA movement. Republicans that weren't already turned against it will be appalled now. Congressmen will hear it from constituents. The toadys that sucked up to him out of fear or desire to ride his coat tails will see the emperor has no clothes. 

I bet it will be a very tense and somber room when they get together to finish tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if at least some bail on the objections.

Without MAGA, it will settle down to the old cats vs dogs in US government. But that will seem like unity compared to this.