MitchellNJ

The 2021 Tavern Victory Garden Thread

Rate this topic

361 posts in this topic

It's that time of the year again. Get your seed orders in and test out your heat mats.

 

Year round growing is doing well but already planning for another bumper year of way too many peppers and disappointing yielding tomato plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year some seed varieties were hard to come by.  :why:

 

 We have already placed a couple of seed orders for this year just in case availability issues arise again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cherry Peppers are already showing.

 

Ramps go in the flow tub tomorrow. I knew it was an unlikely thing when I ordered them but we will see what happens. :shrug:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I need shallot seeds.  

 

Oh, and Garlic is poking through.  

 

I pushed a couple cloves of shoprite garlic into one of my pots. Nothing yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I need shallot seeds.  

 

Oh, and Garlic is poking through.  

I have Garlic growing on my countertop. Maybe I should put it in soil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

I have Garlic growing on my countertop. Maybe I should put it in soil.

You'll r00n it's chances at survival!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

5. Psilocybe cubensis fruiting in tiny powdered chunks of manured. |  Download Scientific DiagramStep-by-Step Scrogging Tutorial >> Learn How to Scrog | ILGM

 

 

 

Really humming now ..

Growing that stuff seems like a bunch of work. Which is surprising given the people who indulge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Growing that stuff seems like a bunch of work. Which is surprising given the people who indulge.

 

 

Doing it correctly is a bit of work which is mostly learning. They don't call it weed for nothing though :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Growing that stuff seems like a bunch of work. Which is surprising given the people who indulge.

It's the only thing they put effort into.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 of my 6 overwintering peppers are blooming.  Number 6 looks dead. I'll probably start some cuttings from them in a couple weeks to get a head start, then get seeds going around feb 1st.  

 

Just checked garlic today and it looks like the frost has pushed most of my bulbs partly out of the ground so I'll need to get some heavy mulch down.  Leeks look good.

 

Might do artichokes again, not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

5 of my 6 overwintering peppers are blooming.  Number 6 looks dead. I'll probably start some cuttings from them in a couple weeks to get a head start, then get seeds going around feb 1st.  

 

Just checked garlic today and it looks like the frost has pushed most of my bulbs partly out of the ground so I'll need to get some heavy mulch down.  Leeks look good.

 

Might do artichokes again, not sure.

I have one artichoke that never got around to flowering.  It's still in the garden and despite a couple of nights in the 20s aint dead yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.