SG1

New OC Nuke plant in 5 years.... maybe!

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

50 mins ago, fishless said:

Id being lying if I said I don't miss fishing there.  Grew up fishing there as a kid.  Parents dropped me and friends off after school and picked us up before dark.  Many many years later I still enjoyed it.  And yes there were places to fish to avoid crowds if you were the adventurous type and avoided illegal trespassing. 

Like I said I worked there and I would fish there also.  Unfortunately even as an employee I couldn't fish above the bridge.  Was great if there was a nice day in February I could fish ten minutes from the house.

Cabo

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Cabo2005 said:

Like I said I worked there and I would fish there also.  Unfortunately even as an employee I couldn't fish above the bridge.  Was great if there was a nice day in February I could fish ten minutes from the house.

Cabo

I'll share this story since the place is ancient history.  For now anyway.

A few yrs before it closed on a unusually quiet day near the bridge I see 3 guys go under on the north side.  Curious to see what these guys are doing I go up on the bike path bridge and look down.  And here's the 3 kids we'll call em, rotating in and out each making a cast and hooking up with very nice fish on a Polaris.  I watch this for a few minutes and look up and see the camera is tilted looking straight down at them.  So I said he fellas u might wanna get outta there.  They said nah were ok.  I advised that the camera above their head is looking right down at them.  The response, no it's not its fixed and only looks out.  :dismay:.  So one of the geniuses finally looks up and sees the camera tilted down and yells...HOLY CHIT!  They all race back under the bridge, up to the road and run in a sprint to their truck.  The camera follows em the entire time.

Security eventually roles up and approaches me up on the foot bridge.  The guard asked me who the kids were and I said I have no idea.  Then he asked if I was planning to make a cast.  I said, well since we are both adults and I'm honest, yes I was considering it since technically I'm not trespassing.  I was still not beyond the NO TRESSPASSING sign being up on a pedestrian foot bridge.  But he still advised, while he sees the point I was making that I cant do it.  He wasn't a bad guy, just doing his job.  We had a decent conversation about the whole thing.     

Edited by fishless