scoobydoo

NEW! Lamiglas Simon Cowell fishing rods?

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Lamiglas has new blanks.

Called X Factor.

Got an email about em.  (c&p'ed below)

That's pretty much all the info on em other than this sorta stuff  LCS1322H - Surf 11' 2PC 20-50lb 3-8lb  *I assume they meant ounces.

(searched their social media and google and nothing currently exists) 

(I can't not mention this...)....I read hundreds of product descriptions, attempts to entice, ads, etc relating to fishing tackle.....daily.  It's a large part of what goes into determining future projects.

With that said........ this is the most generic product launch I think I've ever seen.

With nothing more than basic specs and a logo to back it up.  

I get disappointed when I see stuff like this because I like many want to see American companies thrive.  

Last time I said their marketing sucks *regarding the night shift and carbon rods, the gentleman who does their marketing popped in and said this.  

(google those products.....and not more comes up on google outside of the initial discussions here)

@smk379

Now with that being said, I appreciate everybody taking shots at the marketing director, some even calling me out by name (BRIANBM) without having a clue as to what I do for Lamiglas. As I said Lamiglas is still a small company with limited resources. I am the sole person who does all of their Marketing, E-Commerce, Social Media, Photography/Videography, Rod Development, Pro & Guide Team Management, National Promotion Events (I travel to 25 + shows a years all over the country), help out Tom big time internally creating policies and help run the company itself....and oh yeah, I am also the sole sales rep/manager for the ENTIRE east coast of the United States. Am I complaining one bit?? Heck no, I absolutely love my job and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Do I wish I had 20 people working under me to help the workload across all of those departments that I run, yes of course I do, but I am doing everything that I possibly can to help out this company. Being a kid from Long Island who grew up surfcasting and fished Lami GSBs for years and years.  Lamiglas was always my favorite rod company when I was a kid in New York, I never once thought in my life I would have the opportunity to do what I do now, having an office right next to the President and helping him run the company. 3 years now and still everyday it seems crazy to me.

A year later when all the fishing shows have been cancelled.  

This is what their idea of marketing a product launch is (an email that gets automatically filtered into a "promotions" tab in gmail *which is a polite way to say spam)

Sad.

( I hope Lamiglas joined other manufacturers and had their best year ever last year and I hope they have a great 2021)

Rant over.  I hope they're spectacular, I hope they're everything they said they are.....................what was that anyway?  oh yeah..light and powerful....ughhh.

Email:

The all new X-Factor Blank Series!

We are pleased to introduce a diverse lineup of high quality and affordable blanks. The X-Factor line covers it all from salmon/steelhead, centerpin, surfcasting, inshore, freshwater and more!

The X-Factor lineup is offered to you by over 70 years of fishing rod and blank building experience. Our lengths and actions have been refined and specialized to meet the exact requirements by YOU, the angler, for whatever application you choose. These lightweight, powerful blanks are manufactured using only premium graphite and fiberglass materials, being extensively tested to ensure that they meet the Lamiglas standard before they ever touch your fingertips.

Whether you want to build a surf, steelhead, walleye, centerpin, inshore, tuna or trout stick, the X-Factor lineup will more than likely have exactly what you need.....and at an affordable price!

Figured I'd pre-emptively tag @terrymac 

Didn't want him to miss another attempt to flaccidly troll me.  

I received the same email this morning. It was received because I signed up with Lamiglas to receive updates about there products. Lately, I have been getting quite a few emails from them. I think they are doing a pretty good job updating their customers with new products and promotions. 

I'll only buy this new blank if I see ****insert Instagram fishing hero here******gazing softly into the eyes of a 50 pound striper, on a rock, at sunset, with this blank held in his mouth. 

21 mins ago, FlukeOff said:

I'll only buy this new blank if I see ****insert Instagram fishing hero here******gazing softly into the eyes of a 50 pound striper, on a rock, at sunset, with this blank held in his mouth. 

My sentiments eggzactly

Posted (edited) · Report post

I love fishing Lamiglas rods: XRA1261MH, XRA1205, old XRA1203, XRA1205-2, first generation super surf SS1201M, and GSB’s. 

When I was a young, they were “the best” surf rods made.

Today, imported brands are marketing their products and beating Lamiglas in the US. Sad. 

Edited by ged

Always bugs me when it's hard to actually compare different series of rods made by the same company. Everything is just jargon to the point where even the cheapest offerings sound fancy. "Affordable" is the only thing in that description that gives me a hint at where that series falls in their lineup. Some consistency in the description of their blanks would be nice. Take something like St Croix that has SCII to VI - even though those numbers mean practically nothing, they're still useful for comparison.

I guess you can say the same thing about reels, although maybe there is more often a clear progression from cheap to expensive.

all I can tell folks about Lamiglas I have two of them ,decades old they are still in great feel as they day I bought them .WHY do I need another rod (s) when these are working great. An investment that paid off very very well ,I have fished the Striper Surf since the 60's ,the last decade not much. I have no clue about what's out there now what they are like . Like ged has mentioned " marketing "  ,from what my son tells me ( his business ) it's everything ! But being small you have a better control & sometimes profits are larger to payouts.  

1 hour ago, Salty Veins said:

Always bugs me when it's hard to actually compare different series of rods made by the same company. Everything is just jargon to the point where even the cheapest offerings sound fancy. "Affordable" is the only thing in that description that gives me a hint at where that series falls in their lineup. Some consistency in the description of their blanks would be nice. Take something like St Croix that has SCII to VI - even though those numbers mean practically nothing, they're still useful for comparison.

I guess you can say the same thing about reels, although maybe there is more often a clear progression from cheap to expensive.

This.

At least reels have a features list with inclusions/exclusions. Even if half of those descriptors are fluff, it provides perspective when compared to another reel in their lineup.

Rods? Tough luck.

Maybe companies should start comparing within their own brand tree. "{ ____ is a 2020 revamp of X, compares favorably to Y, and improves on the feedback of Z. }"

But maybe that'd make it too easy for people to pick the rod they need, instead of the 4 they could possibly use....

22 hours ago, Saltfruit said:

This.

At least reels have a features list with inclusions/exclusions. Even if half of those descriptors are fluff, it provides perspective when compared to another reel in their lineup.

Rods? Tough luck.

Maybe companies should start comparing within their own brand tree. "{ ____ is a 2020 revamp of X, compares favorably to Y, and improves on the feedback of Z. }"

But maybe that'd make it too easy for people to pick the rod they need, instead of the 4 they could possibly use....

How dare you expect a company to write  a paragraph describing each of their products individually?

47 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

How dare you expect a company to write  a paragraph describing each of their products individually?

:(

Is an unpaid intern too much to ask for? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/5/2021 at 7:45 PM, ThirstyOwl III said:

GSB is the GOAT.  

Edited....

Inappropriate  

Edited by scoobydoo