RussB

South Jersey fishing/hunting property

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

While waiting for the Spring fishing to get here, I've been thinking. What's the feasibility of buying property in South Jersey that would provide access to forest land and wetland, with access to productive saltwater creek/tidal river habitat? Far-fetched? Cost-prohibitive? How would you go about searching? In my pipe dreams, purchasing property where development cannot occur (due to wetlands restrictions, for example), could be relatively cost effective. I'm likely still years away from being able to think seriously about this, but it's fun to dream.

10 mins ago, RussB said:

While waiting for the Spring fishing to get here, I've been thinking. What's the feasibility of buying property in South Jersey that would provide access to forest land and wetland, with access to productive saltwater creek/tidal river habitat? Far-fetched? Cost-prohibitive? How would you go about searching? In my pipe dreams, purchasing property where development cannot occur (due to wetlands restrictions, for example), could be relatively cost effective. I'm likely still years away from being able to think seriously about this, but it's fun to dream.

If you dont mind, where do you live now?

5 mins ago, Ash said:

both zillow and landwatch dot com have listings.

Thanks. Landwatch is a good one I wouldn't have known. I've poked around on Redfin, which I assume has the same listings as Zillow, but I'll try Zillow too.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/5/2021 at 11:07 AM, RussB said:

Fun search! I've got many alerts set on Zillow, I don't hunt but I thought NJ wetlands were protected. Can you hunt them? Water fowl?

Edited by Nicky Da Fish

On 1/5/2021 at 11:07 AM, RussB said:

Do your homework especially with waterways. Many people wished they didn’t own property with lake and a dam when they found out a dam was failing and they were on the hook for 7 figures.