7nBait

Random Image Thread 2021

Rate this topic

224 posts in this topic

My buddy hooked into his first bull red this weekend. Mistakes were made. :laugh:

Reminds me of the one I lost in the wash last week...  and the year before. No knot fails just hook spitting.

Cool story Dave.. Dad had one stuffed years ago from Hatteras that was up in the attic at our old house. Not sure if he still has it.. The detail on some that I've seen is a real work of art.

Edited by 7nBait

On 10/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, Wheeler said:

My buddy hooked into his first bull red this weekend. Mistakes were made. 

I want to buy your buddy a beer and pat him on the back.  Who hasn't made mistakes?  Who hasn't lost a great fish?  Plus the guy's drag was busted so his options were limited, and it's too damn easy to Monday-morning quarterback at this point.  And as others have said, he had it in his hands and was gonna release it anyway.  It stands a better chance of surviving having been "released" that way.

In short, I say he should count it and sleep easy.  Either way he's got a beer coming from me.  Thanks for posting the great vid and story.

29 mins ago, spinr0k said:

Ahhh, 2008 was a good year on AI.

Must have been but I don't remember.  I don't remember that fish but I probably have a pic somewhere.  I don't even remember who sent me that clip.  I do remember having several 20+ fish days and I remember a glorious day with 10 over 45".  But now I can't even remember where I left my coffee mug.  But I surely do remember the wonderful folks I've met & fished with over the years and that world famous "Deadhead" is one of 'em.   

On 11/24/2021 at 11:37 AM, spinr0k said:

Ahhh, 2008 was a good year on AI.

What is left of the OSV sticker on my back bumper:

2008AI.jpg

Striped bass fishing on Assateague peaked in the early 2000's when successive state length weight records were set in 2005, -06, -07.....I remember seeing great catches back then on the Outer Banks as well. That's all changed now.