Random Image Thread 2021

Rate this topic

7nBait

I give it up to you guys that stuck out that storm Saturday night, I hope you were rewarded with a big drum.  I watched a troop of boy scouts emerge from the camping grounds on Sunday morning, one heck of a way to earn a camping badge :)

Edited by spinr0k

13 hours ago, Wheeler said:

My buddy hooked into his first bull red this weekend. Mistakes were made. :laugh:

At least you got it all on camera! I believe in boating if you get a game fish to the transom and touch the leader it qualifies as a catch. Your buddy would've had to release that fish anyway. A memorable event in any case. 

Video was awesome.  Kudos on the shore release.  I think the shouda coulda wouldas are more memorable anyway.  Similar story.

Got my first Big Drum on April 4th 1983 which is now in my wall.  My old Daiwa 7000 spinning reel froze up and I was running back and forth from the surf to the dunes to land it on North end Ocracoke. I was all by my lonesome like chicken with its head cut off.  Glad nobody was watching. When it wanted line I would run to the water and would then run back to gain.  Think I was 150 yards away when it was finally beached.  Still remember like yesterday the entire battle.  Seeing that large head like wedge on the beach from far away is engrained in me. Put it in my cooler with tail hanging out lol.  Never been so excited. Had my buddy taxidermist do skin mount.  He had to redo twice in all the years as oils continued to leach out of head.  Obviously this was in the days when we could keep big Drum.  

Our first biggin is always the most memorable.

61798a5809c29_Drumpic.png.33be9ebd30f7740f8cdaf942147b0f71.png

Edited by Critter Gitter
"That's a Screamer"

30 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

I think the shouda coulda wouldas are more memorable anyway.  

The only thing more compelling than the the thrill of victory, is the agony of defeat.

Great story :th:

If only I could cast into it, hook up, and be connected to it. My line would be attached to the chaos and, for a moment, I would mainline the power of nature.