a rod n a reel

9’ FSC Raptor 3/4-4oz

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Started on this build today. Blank is a 9’ fsc Raptor 3/4-4oz. 
 

Dunno if I want to keep it nice and light or make it fancy. 

KR concept with titanium torzite single foot laid out for my vs150 will be used. 
 

20-10-7M-6L, kt6 to the tip is what I’m using for the Layout. 

 

EFC930C6-BBB5-4361-B3F6-1CAE9A32D6D3.jpeg

CC766398-C30B-43C3-ADF7-4ECA8CDEC084.jpeg

279CEC97-30B7-467E-ACDE-D52F8B77FAA8.jpeg

CBF6C189-5942-4D3E-A5BA-06316E55410A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 0:32 PM, Bait Tailer said:

Love that clean look. Did you build the grips?

 

I've been considering the the forecast fcrg as a foregrip on my next build. 

No they are alps forecast grips. They feel pretty good. I may put a coat of permagloss on the grips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 0:54 PM, Seakarp said:

It's a great rod, with a nice bit of stiffness. I love throwing 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 once metals with it the most.

Yessir. Using it mostly for Bucktails and metals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Nice. I have one of those and a 10’ titan I am going to build. I am making my raptor the same look as stock though but with a Fuji comfort reel seat

Nice! I can’t wait to fish both those rods this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, a rod n a reel said:

Nice! I can’t wait to fish both those rods this season. 

Same dude. I’m putting torzite k guides on the titan. I just need to figure out how to get that same shrink John uses on his rods. Ideally I’d create a stock grip setup like he has on his rods. These will be the first rods I ever build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Same dude. I’m putting torzite k guides on the titan. I just need to figure out how to get that same shrink John uses on his rods. Ideally I’d create a stock grip setup like he has on his rods. These will be the first rods I ever build. 

Nice. I do torzites on all my personal rods. What is this grip you speak of? 
 

can’t wait to see your work and see it progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, a rod n a reel said:

Nice. I do torzites on all my personal rods. What is this grip you speak of? 
 

can’t wait to see your work and see it progress. 

Something like this in the pics. Basically what the stock grip looks like from fsc on factory builds. I want the fore grip to be a little thicker than the rear grip. 
 

Thanks man. I will def post the work

image.jpg

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Something like this in the pics. Basically what the stock grip looks like from fsc on factory builds. I want the fore grip to be a little thicker than the rear grip. 
 

Thanks man. I will def post the work

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’m not sure what shrink tubing was used when FSC was still building rods. I know the texture wasn’t the stuff everyone’s using now. It was a smoother finish. 
 

if you want the foregrip just a tad thicker than the rear, use the thinnest cork available. Just wrap the foregrip with cork to your desired length then shrink tube on top. The result will like this. 

B9B93817-3A3E-4A7B-9B3A-54953BE45991.jpeg

AEC1CEE6-9E07-4BFD-AFDD-ADE05C7821F3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a rod n a reel said:

I’m not sure what shrink tubing was used when FSC was still building rods. I know the texture wasn’t the stuff everyone’s using now. It was a smoother finish. 
 

if you want the foregrip just a tad thicker than the rear, use the thinnest cork available. Just wrap the foregrip with cork to your desired length then shrink tube on top. The result will like this. 

B9B93817-3A3E-4A7B-9B3A-54953BE45991.jpeg

AEC1CEE6-9E07-4BFD-AFDD-ADE05C7821F3.jpeg

That’s exactly what I’d be going for. Do you lay the shrink right on top of the blank for the rear grip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, linesiderdemdnj said:

That’s exactly what I’d be going for. Do you lay the shrink right on top of the blank for the rear grip?

Yes I do. Just make sure you use the correct shrink tubing. By correct I mean, make sure the tubing can slide over the rear grip and shrink down to the blanks diameter when done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 mins ago, a rod n a reel said:

Yes I do. Just make sure you use the correct shrink tubing. By correct I mean, make sure the tubing can slide over the rear grip and shrink down to the blanks diameter when done. 

Sick dude. Sounds good. What size reel seat and top guide did you put on the raptor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.