Enhanced unemployment will be in this weeks check

Rate this topic

The Riddler

I have a team member at work who’s actively trying to get fired (we think) in order to be able to collect.

I’m a little unclear if she’d be able to collect after being fired for cause but it’s a pretty greasy move. We hired her about a month ago and I think this was her plan from the beginning. 

Im glad this money is available to those that truly need it and heart goes out to anyone facing that kind of financial uncertainty due to no fault of their own.

12 hours ago, SkunkLuvver said:

I have a team member at work who’s actively trying to get fired (we think) in order to be able to collect.

I’m a little unclear if she’d be able to collect after being fired for cause but it’s a pretty greasy move. We hired her about a month ago and I think this was her plan from the beginning. 

Im glad this money is available to those that truly need it and heart goes out to anyone facing that kind of financial uncertainty due to no fault of their own., 

Nope, fired for cause she'd get squadoosh. But that's sometimes open for interpretation and in my experience it's tilted towards the employee. Make sure whatever rule she violates is listed in your handbook, and she signed a page saying she received the handbook and agrees to abide by the rules within.

I'll have mine on the rocks.

Do folks that were on UE 9PUA) that ended 12/26 need to "re-apply" or is it automatic?  I have a family member that did the online weekly benefits claim but it came back as "no benefit" for week ending 1/2/21.

Edited by FoliFish

6 hours ago, FoliFish said:

Do folks that were on UE 9PUA) that ended 12/26 need to "re-apply" or is it automatic?  I have a family member that did the online weekly benefits claim but it came back as "no benefit" for week ending 1/2/21.

I don't know the answer, but Mass hasn't implemented the new CARES Act provisions yet.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/update-dua-issues-information-on-the-continued-assistance-for-unemployed-workers-act

I'll have mine on the rocks.

21 hours ago, SkunkLuvver said:

Im glad this money is available to those that truly need it and heart goes out to anyone facing that kind of financial uncertainty due to no fault of their own.

Let her get herself fired, in Hawaii you only get out what you put in. If she worked for a month, lay her ass off!

My sis in law quit her job two weeks before “lockdown” happened this spring. She filed for and started collecting unemployment and was actually bringing in more than she ever has in her life. Come July, she gets a bunch of letters and finally a phone call saying she didn’t qualify and had to pay back the 12,000 she’d received.

She filed an appeal but hasn’t heard anything since but it’s probably only a matter of time.