Popasilov

Caumstate state park fishing permit

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, surfcaster1 said:

It pays not to give up. Although I received no confirmation of my Caumsett permit application and this is 10 days since getting it in - I decided to drive out to Caumsett and double check if I was in or out this year. The office looked closed- no staff inside - no lights on. I knocked on the door and about a minute later a guy came to the window. I told him my story and he apologized and told me that they have just been swamped and haven’t processed many of the permit applications they have received. I guess that they are short staffed because of the Covid situation. 

I gave him a copy of my DocuSign paperwork and he said yes, they have my application and I will be getting a permit. They just have not been able to get to all of the applications that they received yet. 

Anyway, it’s a beautiful drive to Caumsett going through Cold Spring Harbor and Lloyd Harbor.

So, be patient, work on getting your gear in order for the new season  and one of these days your Caumsett permit will surprise you and show up in your mailbox.

WOO this makes me feel better. Same thing happened to me. Thanks,glad you got it sorted through.