Popasilov

Caumstate state park fishing permit

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, C.Robin said:

I got the "shipped" email for the night permit yesterday.

That's the easy one; no limit; still costs me $110

Edited by Popasilov

1 hour ago, Popasilov said:

That's the easy one; no limit; still costs me $110

Yup, never had an issue with that one except for the one year they randomly changed the deadline back a month...whined myself out of that one lol. 

$35 for me thanks to my non beach worthy vehicle. 

19 mins ago, C.Robin said:

$35 for me thanks to my non beach worthy vehicle. 

+$35 for Star gazing

+$40 for camp Hero

Edited by Popasilov

27 mins ago, Popasilov said:

+$35 for Star gazing

+$40 for camp Hero

Yea, if someone asked me for the stargazing permit I would just say have a nice day and leave lol. I watch all the major meteor showers, have not been asked for it yet. 

I saw they also added a night photography permit.

1 min ago, C.Robin said:

Yea, if someone asked me for the stargazing permit I would just say have a nice day and leave lol. I watch all the major meteor showers, have not been asked for it ye

Me , too.

But I also have an 8 years old daughter that loves watching night time star shows.

8 mins ago, C.Robin said:

Welcome to money hungry grubbing state of New York.

Coming soon to the beach next to you

Permit to breath beach air

Permit to ride a bike/rollers/scooter on the state owned properties

Permit to walk on the sand bare feet

Permit to watch birds

Permit to take pictures of the sunset

I am sure lovely New York government will find few more ways to make our life easier

Edited by Popasilov

16 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Yea, if someone asked me for the stargazing permit I would just say have a nice day and leave lol. I watch all the major meteor showers, have not been asked for it yet. 

My niece and her husband were asked, last year, to leave the lot at Montauk because they didn't have a stargazing permit while they were out there doing just that.

First time in at least 25 years that I do not have a Caumsett permit. I was in the site. ‘Filled out the DocuSign info and even have a printed copy of the completed DocuSign form. However, for some reason my permit application info did not go through. I have not received a confirmation as have others. This is 3 days later and still no confirmation so I guess I am screwed. Obviously I am not happy with the outcome. I’d much rather wait on line in the cold for 2 hours in January than get skunked because of an on-line glitch.

I hope the 2022 permit goes back to showing up in person.

4 hours ago, CWitek said:

My niece and her husband were asked, last year, to leave the lot at Montauk because they didn't have a stargazing permit while they were out there doing just that.

Yikes. While I understand limiting beach access at night, no way am I buying a permit to look upwards lol. Did they have the fishing permit too? I assume that would cover someone from April-December, unless they actually expect people to buy separate permits.

2 hours ago, spiegs71 said:

Just got my email today telling me permit was mailed 

moving at the speed of snail it would seem 

They worked on mine today, saw the completed one signed by them. #300. Got lucky!

It pays not to give up. Although I received no confirmation of my Caumsett permit application and this is 10 days since getting it in - I decided to drive out to Caumsett and double check if I was in or out this year. The office looked closed- no staff inside - no lights on. I knocked on the door and about a minute later a guy came to the window. I told him my story and he apologized and told me that they have just been swamped and haven’t processed many of the permit applications they have received. I guess that they are short staffed because of the Covid situation. 

I gave him a copy of my DocuSign paperwork and he said yes, they have my application and I will be getting a permit. They just have not been able to get to all of the applications that they received yet. 

Anyway, it’s a beautiful drive to Caumsett going through Cold Spring Harbor and Lloyd Harbor.

So, be patient, work on getting your gear in order for the new season  and one of these days your Caumsett permit will surprise you and show up in your mailbox.

1 hour ago, C.Robin said:

Yikes. While I understand limiting beach access at night, no way am I buying a permit to look upwards lol. Did they have the fishing permit too? I assume that would cover someone from April-December, unless they actually expect people to buy separate permits.

No fishing permits.  They were spending a weekend at Montauk, and just wanted to observe the sky