Popasilov

Caumstate state park fishing permit

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

They supposed to go on sale January 4th at 8 AM, on line only but this morning at 7 AM when I try to check on permits, I got this message.

2021 Caumsett Fishing Permit has sold out.

Be advised, to encourage social distancing and help stop the spread of COVID-19, many parks have reduced parking by 50% and local roads may have closures in effect.

How is that possible????
Does anybody have some info?

I got on at 7am, clicked the sign in button, put my name and email in and it kicked me out to the home page.  That was it.

Ridiculous.

I'd rather drive there at 3am and wait online if it were to sell out in seconds online.

It was 7AM.  By 7:05 the link was changed to "Sold Out".  Not sure if it was the first 500 people who clicked on the link or the first 500 who finished the form.  I received a confirmation email that my application was received....time shall tell.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yea, I was filling out my application within a few seconds after 7 AM...went through so I have my fingers crossed. I was prepared to get to the office early today, but read  over the weekend that they were only selling it online.

Edited by C.Robin

4 mins ago, C.Robin said:

but read  over the weekend that they were only selling it online.

I read that  in the beginning of December, on line only.

I have my registration, ID and fishing/marine registration scanned two weeks ago, so I can be ready and do this in the minute.

Link was saved on my toolbar, not to waste any time looking for it and still didn't get it

7:25AM all sold out

Time to call few friends to see if they got it.

Or, they are planing to sell daily passes after April 1st.

7 mins ago, Popasilov said:

I read that  in the beginning of December, on line only.

I have my registration, ID and fishing/marine registration scanned two weeks ago, so I can be ready and do this in the minute.

Link was saved on my toolbar, not to waste any time looking for it and still didn't get it

7:25AM all sold out

Time to call few friends to see if they got it.

Or, they are planing to sell daily passes after April 1st.

Looks like they're selling the daily passes after 4/1, $25.

https://parks.ny.gov/documents/regions/PermitGuide.pdf

10 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Yea

I know

At least I won't be late for those

I hope

Oops, read your other post as "or IF they are selling..."

I wonder if the local Lloyd Harbor residents play a big role in the limited access, can't

blame them too much, that park was PACKED over the summer every time I went.

5 mins ago, C.Robin said:

I wonder if the local Lloyd Harbor residents play a big role in the limited access,

Could be but I don't think so.

Maybe traffic on that link was  to much for their server to handle it.

I am hopping for that

I think it just went really quick, I was refreshing at 659 and link popped up at 700am exactly. I had done the my other permits at 6am so I knew what to expect. Sorry you didn't get one I can only imagine how disappointed I would be. Hopefully you can still get one or at least some day passes!

there's a conspiracy behind the distribution of this pass. Guarantee Lloyd Neck residents buy em up to limit access or park employees get first look at the permits.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, lisurfexplorer said:

It was 7AM.  By 7:05 the link was changed to "Sold Out".  Not sure if it was the first 500 people who clicked on the link or the first 500 who finished the form.  I received a confirmation email that my application was received....time shall tell.

I was told that if you got a form to fill out it didn't make a difference when you finished it as long as your session didn't time out.. I got in at 7am sharp  and received my email receipt at 7:07am. 

They should increase the number of permits to at least a 1000 and if they are going to limit the # at all it should be reserved for New York State residents only. They don't regulate the out of State purchases nor are those numbers known. 400 of the 500 permits could have gone to out of State guys and we wouldn't know. 

Marc

Edited by mml4

Its just crazy.  I had everything ready also.  At 6:59, no sign in link yet.  At 7pm, refreshed the page and the link was there to sign in.  But for me, it kicked me out to the home page after i put in my name and Email.....home page said passes are sold out.   I was looking forward to this pass since Summer time.  They definitely need to come up with a better way next time.  Im pretty sure i would be able to get one if they allowed to buy it in person.