Fishing Backpacks

Rate this topic

kid_just_wants_to_fish

I bought one of these when they were still branded as Ocean's Edge and have been happy with it. Mine has neither legs nor extendable handle - neither of which did I want nor need. Shimano makes a very similar one. 

https://www.amazon.com/Okuma-Nomad-Soft-Sided-Range/dp/B0171O3PAE

"A land without memories is a people without liberty" - Robert E. Lee

Probably wont find a waterproof 1 unless you go for a fly pack.  Those are like $200. I used a Camelback  w/out bladder. pack for 3 years.  It just fell apart.  I received a $50 bass pro card and bought this.  Lunkerhunt.  Came with Plano boxes and plenty of storage and pockets.  Truth be told,  was not that impressed with any by any of the brands Daiwa, Shimano, Penn.  I just needed 1and grabbed this.  I have been pleasantly surprised so far.  About 5 months with it.

20210103_174656.jpg

I was looking for one too. Looked on Amazon for cheap backpacks, plenty around $30. Then find one that fits dimensions of a plastic case/cases you want to house lures. Lastly spray with aerosol waterproofing.

This will get you exactly what you want for <$100. I looked for something as small as I could get that would fit my Plano cases. Also something made from cordura nylon. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeHangover said:

I think you'll pay through the nose for anything "fishing" marketed or manufactured by a big name in fishing.  Money better spent on a secondhand jansport and some plane flats.

I agree with this

I would look at back-country back packs, there are some mid-range hiking packs that offer a lot, or a little storage, support and durability in a better price than name brand fishing markted equipment, as previously stated.  Go to an REI store if you can, they have an enormous selection of backpacks that you really need to handle to make the right choice. Lots of other cross-over applications for fishing as well....