Best Surfcasting Tackle Shops in CT?

Rate this topic

mikeadams

I haven't stepped foot in Fisherman's Paradise yet. Seems I'm always going against traffic .Bobby J's for me. Back in the day, for a real old time surfasting shop. there was no way you could beat Stratford Bait and Tackle. John was the best! You'd stop in just to BS, and you'd end up buying all sorts of stuff you already tons of. When season was over, there was the Christmas open house.

This was the bait and tackle shop version of Cheers!

1 hour ago, The TideRunner said:

I haven't stepped foot in Fisherman's Paradise yet. Seems I'm always going against traffic .Bobby J's for me. Back in the day, for a real old time surfasting shop. there was no way you could beat Stratford Bait and Tackle. John was the best! You'd stop in just to BS, and you'd end up buying all sorts of stuff you already tons of. When season was over, there was the Christmas open house.

Wow, until you mentioned it I never saw the Cheers comparison but it’s spot on. You had John as Sam, Tony as a gruff version of Norm, I would give the role of Cliff to Doug W. Had such a great time hanging out there on Saturdays, as a younger guy I spent most of the time with my mouth closed just listening to the stories and trying to pick up as much of the guarded info as they would share. Great times with great guys, and the smoked blackfish salad and venison chili were a year end ritual.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:13 PM, scoobydoo said:

I got the saragosa sw 2020 from JandB.

I think they were the first to get em...they posted it on IG and I called em to order it.  As they didn't even have it on their site.   Even took paypal over the phone.  I hear they are a spectacular shop all around

☠️Yeah I got the chance to stop by that shop one time it’s super cool!

On 1/12/2021 at 8:57 PM, The TideRunner said:

☠️Yeah I havent been in that shop yet either.

Edited by mikeadams
spelling

1 min ago, PSegnatelli said:

Where's Fishermans Paradise?

Right on the Milford side of the Devon( route 1) bridge. It’s tucked away, and getting in and out can be challenging with traffic but it a nicely stocked shop and owner seems like a good guy. I know he’s given some friends of mine who are new to fishing solid intel.

1 min ago, Dave T. said:

Right on the Milford side of the Devon( route 1) bridge. It’s tucked away, and getting in and out can be challenging with traffic but it a nicely stocked shop and owner seems like a good guy. I know he’s given some friends of mine who are new to fishing solid intel.

Awesome. I'll check it out.  

Right in my area!   

Anyone remember a shop in Milford on Rt1. Down towards the road to Silver Sands.  I think it was called Sportsmans Rendezvous.  Had hunting and fishing stuff IIRC.  

Also there used to be a small shop in West Haven. Right across the street from the piers.  Any chance that is still there?   I haven't been there since the late 90s.