codfish

FISH REPORT 2021 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel c

Rate this topic

584 posts in this topic

32 mins ago, mikez2 said:

You think those whales could be viewed from shore without an ORV?

One of my boys really wants to see right whales.

today, yes.  there were some in pretty close off herring cove.  its a close call but worth checking herring cove and race pt beach if you are close.  E or SE wind for herring cove and SW for race pt beach is gonna be best so its calmer.

i don’t think its gonna be very good the next couple days by what the forecast says.  windy.  can’t imagine seeing much more than some blow unless its pretty calm.  most of them just look like black humps or disturbed water from any distance.

21 hours ago, mikez2 said:

You think those whales could be viewed from shore without an ORV?

One of my boys really wants to see right whales.

Yes, I spotted them from one of the lots on Cahoon Hollow Rd last Saturday. You probably have a better chance from P-Town though. Bring some binos and scan for spouts and you may get lucky with a few tail waves. Check the NOAA RIGHT WHALE SIGHTING ADVISORY SYSTEM site for updated info...

15 hours ago, beerdoh said:

Yes, I spotted them from one of the lots on Cahoon Hollow Rd last Saturday. You probably have a better chance from P-Town though. Bring some binos and scan for spouts and you may get lucky with a few tail waves. Check the NOAA RIGHT WHALE SIGHTING ADVISORY SYSTEM site for updated info...

:)

1 hour ago, codfish said:

Today looks to be a good day to soak some bait from the beach:)

I dunno about that. IMO EVERYDAY is a good day....:howdy:

50 mins ago, bdowning said:

Throwing lures aint a bad option either. :th:

I usually soak some bait on a high low rig chunk mac and cast with a squid bait:)

140-600x424 (1).jpg

I had no luck over the weekend myself (friday saturday and sunday...skunked all 3 days.. I'm sure its me though), south side of the cape buzzards bay area. also came across several other shore groups and fly fishermen, they all had no luck either. 

although, wildlife activity is definitely starting to pick up with more birds in the area and in the waters, saw lots of crabs moving about while wading out, and saw my first horsehoe crab of the season, so water temps are getting close. Wont be long before they start crawling up your boots and the fish bite is on haha. 

Edited by Italianbuca

1 hour ago, Italianbuca said:

I had no luck over the weekend myself (friday saturday and sunday...skunked all 3 days.. I'm sure its me though), south side of the cape buzzards bay area. also came across several other shore groups and fly fishermen, they all had no luck either. 

although, wildlife activity is definitely starting to pick up with more birds in the area and in the waters, saw lots of crabs moving about while wading out, and saw my first horsehoe crab of the season, so water temps are getting close. Wont be long before they start crawling up your boots and the fish bite is on haha. 

Thanks for sharing:)

5 hours ago, codfish said:

Fish report fresh water, splashed the boat yesterday looking for trout or bass, caught nothing:eek::eek:

You splashed the boat....OK......did you use a fishing rod?:point::sarc: